Comments

• DueMarch11
    Options
    Whats a clam Saturday?
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member 151
    Targets for 2014......

CLEAR THE OVERDRAFT - £700
    SAVE DEPOSIT FOR HOUSE £10,000 SO FAR
    LEARN TO SEW - Have made two little stuffed rabbits so far, I love them!
  • dustystar02
    dustystar02 Posts: 1,461 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't felt bubs move at all since I woke up.

I know things quieten down from 32 weeks (I'm 32 weeks today :j) but should I be worried?

I think bubs has moved towards my back anyway cos my bump is noticeably smaller and movements yesteday were very faint (although there were some)

I've had a cold drink and still nothing - I'm stuck in work til 5pm and so can't get to a MW today - I think i'm fretting but are there any more things I can try to get a bit of movement
  • galvanizersbaby
    Options
    DueMarch11 wrote: »
    I cant wait for a nice large glass of rose, I know we're allowed the odd glass here and there but I never feel right about having a drink in pregnancy, not that Im saying its wrong if you have had one! Just my personal feeling on the matter.

Had to add that in, I appear to be upsetting people today lol

Yes I'm the same - not planning on drinking any alcohol - I am perhaps a bit OTT though as have just had a latte and now feeling guilty cos it has caffeine in it - must get a grip!
  • Pixiepops
    Options
    Morning ladies, I've just been lurking and catching up!

Did anybody here apply for the healthy start vouchers? And if so, how long did it take for them to assess your application and reply?

On other (horrible) news, I woke up at 7am with an achey bladder that was ready to burst. After going to the loo, got back to bed and had horrible cramping in my pelvic region. So I sat in bed groaning and writhing around in pain. It literally felt like someone had given baby a little shovel and it was trying to dig its way out. (I just giggled at the image of baby in a hard hat with a miners lamp digging). Obviously, being half asleep still (and a hypochondriac) I thought many things were happening, the biggest worry being that I was losing bubs and going into labour at 17 weeks. I googled it to see if it was normal and it appears that it's just round ligament pain, which the consultant had already said I was having, unless you get spotting too. Apparently it can also be braxton hicks although I think 17 weeks is far too early?? Maybe not. :S No way of contacting the midwife anyway as you can only get through to them between 08.45 and 09.30. I don't understand how they can give people a 45 minute window. If you call them any other time the phone just rings and rings and rings. Absolutely useless.
    A-Z Challenge: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Good Luck to all who comp!
    Comping wishlist: Cash // iPad // Clothing vouchers // Holiday
  • galvanizersbaby
    Options
    I haven't felt bubs move at all since I woke up.

I know things quieten down from 32 weeks (I'm 32 weeks today :j) but should I be worried?

I think bubs has moved towards my back anyway cos my bump is noticeably smaller and movements yesteday were very faint (although there were some)

I've had a cold drink and still nothing - I'm stuck in work til 5pm and so can't get to a MW today - I think i'm fretting but are there any more things I can try to get a bit of movement

I don't think you should worry Dusty (DS was very much like that) - you could lie still flat on your back and do a bit of prodding
    EDIT - just read you are at work :o
    Lying still generally used to start mine off wriggling
  • DueMarch11
    Options
    Dont fret Dusty Im sure everything is fine, bubs is probably having a lazy day, and if like you think he/she has moved into a funny position then you may not feel him/her. Have you walked anywhere today? Tend not to feel bubs moving as much if Im walking.

Pesky mites arent they! Im sure you'll feel something later.
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member 151
    Targets for 2014......

CLEAR THE OVERDRAFT - £700
    SAVE DEPOSIT FOR HOUSE £10,000 SO FAR
    LEARN TO SEW - Have made two little stuffed rabbits so far, I love them!
  • annibee
    annibee Posts: 777 Forumite
    Options
    welcome mrsspendalot

Bloody typical oh has been shortlisted for a job and they want to interview him on wednesday!!! The woman was a bit rude though as I tried to get a time and she was like well ill need to talk to him and I was like yeh hes not here but I can pass details on and she was like no he needs to confirm grrrrr.
    Have text him so hopefully he will call her and confirm and then she can just email the details over to him!!

Is a good paying job though - not deadly interesting but will actually make our lives a lot easier if he gets it money wise
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

Never Look Down on People unless you are helping them up

Wins - £5 Voucher, Book, Sat Nav

• LabLover
    LabLover Posts: 881 Forumite
    Options
    A clam saturday, hehehehe maybe a shellfish night? Just quickly popped on to say to Pixie that that sounds exactly like what I was going through , it actually made me feel sick it was that sore , I thought bubs was trying to find an escape hatch , only lasted the day and then I was fine , I was seeing my midwife the next day and she said it was all fine , just my uteris moving up etc , hth
    xx
    Thanks to MSE for making it possible for me save to buy my new flat , yay !!
    Gorgeous baby boy born 7/7/11 :D
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pixiepops wrote: »
    No way of contacting the midwife anyway as you can only get through to them between 08.45 and 09.30. I don't understand how they can give people a 45 minute window. If you call them any other time the phone just rings and rings and rings. Absolutely useless.
    Presumably they're in the office for that time and then are out doing clinics and home visits. But you should be able to contact your GP. Has the pain gone away now?
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • galvanizersbaby
    Options
    Pixiepops wrote: »
    Morning ladies, I've just been lurking and catching up!

Did anybody here apply for the healthy start vouchers? And if so, how long did it take for them to assess your application and reply?

On other (horrible) news, I woke up at 7am with an achey bladder that was ready to burst. After going to the loo, got back to bed and had horrible cramping in my pelvic region. So I sat in bed groaning and writhing around in pain. It literally felt like someone had given baby a little shovel and it was trying to dig its way out. (I just giggled at the image of baby in a hard hat with a miners lamp digging). Obviously, being half asleep still (and a hypochondriac) I thought many things were happening, the biggest worry being that I was losing bubs and going into labour at 17 weeks. I googled it to see if it was normal and it appears that it's just round ligament pain, which the consultant had already said I was having, unless you get spotting too. Apparently it can also be braxton hicks although I think 17 weeks is far too early?? Maybe not. :S No way of contacting the midwife anyway as you can only get through to them between 08.45 and 09.30. I don't understand how they can give people a 45 minute window. If you call them any other time the phone just rings and rings and rings. Absolutely useless.

Hey Pixie
    Was wondering where you had gotten to :)

I get the ligament pain too (think most women do to a certain extent) - especially if I sneeze or move to quick or as you say my bladder is very full.
    I've never had any Braxton Hicks contractions yet in 2 pregnancies so can't advise about that but I was lead to believe they are more like mini contractions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure