Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Options

Comments

• mmpombears
    Options
    jennyfive wrote: »
    Re. cancelling via distance selling mmpombears, it's just over 7 days so I think it might be too late? :( This is a right load of confusion. Thanks a lot T-Mobile.

I personally believe they should allow existing customers to keep the 1gb/3gb data rate and, if they must change, only apply it to new customers. Isn't this what o2 did?

I have no idea how much leeway you have with DSR I'm afraid, maybe someone who knows could respond?

Either way because of what tmobile has pulled - giving me less than 30 days notice as per their contract, and not allowing me the right to refuse their proposed changes - means I'm now determined not to give them any more business.

I don't think it's the resellers' fault, tmobile is solely to blame for the mess they have got themselves into.
  • musical_norwich
    Options
    At last, it looks as though OFCOM might be on the case. See here
  • SellyOakBlade
    Options
    I haven`t had a message yet, and on attempting to check "My price plan" on t-mobiles website apparently the system is currently unavailable.

The reason I signed up to t-mobile was specifically because their data allowances were significantly better than any other operator. I'll be looking to cancel ASAP (having only signed a 24 month contract in November) and move to a sim only deal (quite possibly from t-mobile)
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I can't understand the additional service argument.
    On the T-Mobile website right now is this nugget of information;

"If you joined T-Mobile or moved onto a new price plan on or after 1 February 2010 a Flexible Booster is part of your package."

Further down the same page it says;

"All our price plans include one of these Flexible Boosters, at no extra cost to you."

If it is included in the plan, it is not an additional service.

Just go to T-Mobile, shop, pay monthly and then boosters
    (sorry but i can't post links)

Indeed, I believe their argument and reliance on clause 7.1.2 is flawed. They are defining any internet package as an 'Additional Service' so they only need to provide 'reasonable notice' rather than specifically 30 days. The clause also states 'written notice', so if they're relying on this, they've not provided it. According to 9.3, they '...may send notices to either Your postal address, Your online account, or Your email address'. This doesn't mention text messages.

I really don't believe this would stand up for several reasons, including the quote above, the fact smartphones use the internet constantly and that many tariffs sold have 'included unlimited internet', it wasn't an optional extra.
  • Mithent
    Options
    Incidentally, "Capped Data Rate" is not new, and isn't anything to do with this change - I've long had this on my account, despite always having an Internet service. It means that, if you were to not have any Internet allowance, you would be on T-Mobile's standard plan that caps at £1 per day.

I have Flext 40 + Web'n'Walk Plus, but I've never seen the Web'n'Walk on my plan page in My T-Mobile, only on my bill (but it is there).

I like my Flext tariff, but not this change to the FUP - I moved to T-Mobile initially over their data policies (they were offering 1GB for £7.50 back when Orange, my previous provider, would give you an amazing 30MB for the same price). I've written to Ofcom (contact@ofcom.org.uk, since I couldn't find a suitable form on their website).
  • mmpombears
    Options
    Well, I paid the fee and recovered the money by taking County Court action. But, knowing what I know now, I would:

- cancel in writing by recorded delivery
    - cancel the direct debit
    - ring and get PAC which they must give you
    - T-Mobile will be unable to invoke Direct Debit for the penalty. Even if it did use the direct debit, you can ask for the money back under the terms of the Direct Debit guarantee.

Are they only obliged to give you the PAC after you've done the above, including canceling direct debit? I was told they would only give me my PAC (thereby allowing me to leave) after I have paid them £218 or so in charges.
  • andyroid20
    Options
    You can normally get the pac at any time if u just ask for it. Do it before cancelling and they have nothing to hold against u as many people port their number before the end of their contract and continue to pay. Having demanded a cancellation tho I'm not sure they will give it me if I just ask. I'm not sure if they are allowed to withhold but the law hasnt seem to bother them so far
  • chadwicksmith
    Options
    where do we all stand regarding the notice they havnt/have given us?

dont they have to give us 30 days notice for what they are doing?

on their twitter page they replied to a few customers saying

"T-Mobile can change non core services as long as reasonable notice has been provided"

http://twitter.com/TMobileUKhelp

WHAT IS REASONABLE NOTICE? AT LEAST GIVE A NOTICE YOU FOOLS!!

i know they may mention that unlimited internet is an additional extra (flexible booster) on your price plan but almost everyone will have it as part of their core price plan

for example,

900 mins,
    500 txts,
    unlimited internet 3gb
    unlimited landline calls (flexible booster)

clearly what they will be doing on the 1st of feb is in breach of their t&c's and it is our right to cancel our contracts without any termination fees..

WHERE THE #### IS OUR REASONABLE NOTICE? THEY HAVE BARELY TOLD ANY OF THEIR CUSTOMERS AND HOPED NOBODY WOULD FIND OUT UNTIL IT IS TOO LATE, AND THEY HAVE THE CHEEK TO RECOMMEND/ADVERTISE THEIR 'MOBILE BROADNAND' :mad:

sorry if i havnt written my query clearley enough! :p
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    You have written it very clearly in my view.

Some have had notice, yet not the 30 days notice.
    Some have had no notice at all.

Neither changes the fact they what they are doing voids the contract, they just dont want to admit it.
  • chadwicksmith
    Options
    You have written it very clearly in my view.

Some have had notice, yet not the 30 days notice.
    Some have had no notice at all.

Neither changes the fact they what they are doing voids the contract, they just dont want to admit it.

That is the point I am making, notice or no notice, isn't it ment to be 30 days?

Plus what I mentioned about the internet as a core service, as they are saying they can change a non core service without the customer terminating their contract
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure