Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Options

Comments

• musical_norwich
    Options
    If the internet is an additional service surely this would mean that it is also optional. Additional means in addition to the contract. So they are arguing that it is not a part of the contract, therefore it is optional. If its optional why have none of us ever had the option to cancel the internet?
    Answer is because it is not optional, its an intrinsic part of the the contract.

The whole additional/core argument is bogus if you have an internet allowance with FUP. The law sees one consumer contract. And T-Mobile knows it.
  • jennyfive
    Options
    Re. Cancelling - What if I bought from a third party?

A few others have already asked this with no answer yet. I bought my phone contract with T-Mobile via buymobilephones.net... would I even be able to cancel with T-Mobile and, if so, would I be breaching a contract (if I have one with them too?) with buymobilephones.net? Would I be able to keep the handset?

If anyone has any clue as to the answer to this, please help! I'm really worried as I only recently signed the contract and don't want to be stuck to a crappy data allowance for nearly 2 years, it's an Android phone but I only had a 1gb fair use allowance because of it being through a third party.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just registered my complaint at Ofcom. I'm determined not to let T-Mobile win.
  • fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The terms and conditions on the T Mobile site define 'Additional Service' as follows:

"An optional/extra Service which can be added to Your Account, the Charges and terms and conditions for which are set out in Our "What it Costs (Non Standard Charges)" booklet and Our customer literature"

The Web'n'Walk Plus was automatically included in the contract for all Android phones and was not an optional/extra service.
  • musical_norwich
    Options
    loyalty@t-mobile.co.uk
    In order to receive your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) you would be subject to an early termination fee, currently £530.61 VAT exempt. If you would like for me to issue your PAC, please let me know and I will arrange this for you, and also the fee to your final bill.
    s

Is T-Mobile is actually overstepping the mark and moving from the civil remedies to the criminal courts with this? T-Mobile is well aware of its licence conditions. T-Mobile's actions are clearly breaching its licence and contract conditions, yet T-Mobile instructs its call centre staff to demand substantial sums T-Mobile is not entitled to.

Is T-Mobile moving into the realms of theft?
  • crashvoodoo
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    I've just registered my complaint at Ofcom. I'm determined not to let T-Mobile win.
    what did you do to do this?
    i can lots of options under telecommunications but didn't know which to pick.
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jennyfive wrote: »

A few others have already asked this with no answer yet. I bought my phone contract with T-Mobile via buymobilephones.net... would I even be able to cancel with T-Mobile and, if so, would I be breaching a contract (if I have one with them too?) with buymobilephones.net? Would I be able to keep the handset?

If anyone has any clue as to the answer to this, please help! I'm really worried as I only recently signed the contract and don't want to be stuck to a crappy data allowance for nearly 2 years, it's an Android phone but I only had a 1gb fair use allowance because of it being through a third party.

If your data is via a flexible booster then I'm not sure. If you get a flexible booster on top of the internet then you should be fine to cancel.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • Wagster
    Wagster Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So what happens after I send a cancellation letter to T-Mobile? They won't have given me a PAC so I can't port my number to a new contract. After I withhold my next due payment will they stop my phone from working?
  • mmpombears
    Options

I got my HTC desire from a reseller about 9 months ago, initially with the standard 1GB FUP. Argued with tmob, had it changed to 3GB for androids. I also have an unlimited text booster which was included.

The contract for data is with tmobile and not the reseller, though if you ordered very recently you may be able to cancel under distance selling regulations?
  • BurningSnowman
    Options

I'm in the same position - I don't think this makes any difference. Your contract is with T-Mobile, and the issue is the change to the price plan/breach of contract if they don't let you leave.

It's not an issue of mis-selling by the reseller, which is one of the many and contradicting arguments TM tried on me during my conversations with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure