Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Options

Comments

• jennyfive
    Options
    N20Y1D wrote: »
    If your data is via a flexible booster then I'm not sure. If you get a flexible booster on top of the internet then you should be fine to cancel.

It's in my T-Mobile account as "Capped Data Rate" (now) and "Unlimited Internet" (both with "Recurring cost Free").

The deal I purchased had internet down seemingly as standard (hence why I purchased it) -
    From buymobilephones.net

T-Mobile £20 inc. Internet

300 cross-network mins + 300 texts + Unlimited data • 24 months
    Re. cancelling via distance selling mmpombears, it's just over 7 days so I think it might be too late? :( This is a right load of confusion. Thanks a lot T-Mobile.

I personally believe they should allow existing customers to keep the 1gb/3gb data rate and, if they must change, only apply it to new customers. Isn't this what o2 did?
  • musical_norwich
    musical_norwich Posts: 147 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2011 at 11:54AM
    Options
    Wagster wrote: »
    So what happens after I send a cancellation letter to T-Mobile? They won't have given me a PAC so I can't port my number to a new contract. After I withhold my next due payment will they stop my phone from working?

Well, I paid the fee and recovered the money by taking County Court action. But, knowing what I know now, I would:

- cancel in writing by recorded delivery
    - cancel the direct debit
    - ring and get PAC which they must give you
    - T-Mobile will be unable to invoke Direct Debit for the penalty. Even if it did use the direct debit, you can ask for the money back under the terms of the Direct Debit guarantee.

Then it is down to T-Mobile to attempt to take you to Court, which, given my experience, is very doubtful. The case prepared by T-Mobile was very poor quality in my experience - almost a joke. Since the amount is disputed, T-Mobile cannot mark your credit file.

The letter is here
  • BurningSnowman
    Options
    jennyfive wrote: »
    The deal I purchased had internet down seemingly as standard (hence why I purchased it)
    Mine's the same except it's £15. If you have a bill online in My T-Mobile it should say Internet on it. If so, save a copy.
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options
    Are all the mobile companies trying to discourage anyone from using smartphones?

There are numerous times I have used the internet where there has been no wi-fi at all but if this sort of nonsense carries on I can see people reverting to "old fashioned" phones.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If T-Mobile try blaming the reseller, might it be worth getting the reseller onside? At least it's only fair to let them know that they're being blamed for the shambles that is currently T-Mobile.
  • BurningSnowman
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    If T-Mobile try blaming the reseller, might it be worth getting the reseller onside? At least it's only fair to let them know that they're being blamed for the shambles that is currently T-Mobile.
    I think this one guy just jumped at the opportunity to deny responsibility from another angle in this particular case. In most cases, T-Mobile are the reseller and have acted in exactly the same way as BMP. Well, worse actually, because they knew what they were planning.

They've been quoting different clauses of the T&Cs to different people. I think they're really just saying anything at all to justify the concrete 'no' that's come from management.
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jennyfive wrote: »
    It's in my T-Mobile account as "Capped Data Rate" (now) and "Unlimited Internet" (both with "Recurring cost Free").

The deal I purchased had internet down seemingly as standard (hence why I purchased it) -
    Re. cancelling via distance selling mmpombears, it's just over 7 days so I think it might be too late? :( This is a right load of confusion. Thanks a lot T-Mobile.

I personally believe they should allow existing customers to keep the 1gb/3gb data rate and, if they must change, only apply it to new customers. Isn't this what o2 did?

Its 7 working days if that helps.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The key point is that T-Mobile's permission to cancel is not needed. It is a legal and contractual right.

The letter I posted is fine. Recorded post is the way to send it - to the address on the letter. The letter is here: http://cantankerous.co.uk/?p=499

Conversations with managers, etc. are a waste of time, unless you like getting angry and infuriated.

T-mobile knows it is in the wrong. Printing out the template letter, sending it, and cancelling your direct debit is exactly what T-Mobile does not want you to do.

The arbitration service has gone native, is unreliable and slow. Much quicker just to exercise your legal rights. T-Mobile also refuse to issue a deadlock letter for the maximum amount of time, which I think is eight weeks, in a further attempt to subvert the whole process.

Cancelling the direct debit is no risk. The amount is in dispute and hence cannot be entered onto your credit file.

How do I know all this? Because when they did something similar, but much less detrimental, on 0870 numbers, I took them to court and received this:

Letter in the post, thanks for your help.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • creditcretin
    Options
    I can't understand the additional service argument.
    On the T-Mobile website right now is this nugget of information;

"If you joined T-Mobile or moved onto a new price plan on or after 1 February 2010 a Flexible Booster is part of your package."

Further down the same page it says;

"All our price plans include one of these Flexible Boosters, at no extra cost to you."

If it is included in the plan, it is not an additional service.

Just go to T-Mobile, shop, pay monthly and then boosters
    (sorry but i can't post links)
  • jennyfive
    Options
    N20Y1D wrote: »
    Its 7 working days if that helps.

Actually, it does! I'll look into this. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure