We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Options

Comments

• nsabournemouth
    Options
    Have also e-mailed ofcom.

One question guys, I have an Android phone (HTC Hero) purchased through a third party.

I'm not clear if I have 1GB or 3GB. Is there any way I can check?

My online bills (before they changed it the cunning *******) stated I am on "Combi 20+web'n'walk (18)"

I have heard mention of web'n'walk PLUS.... is PLUS the 3GB and just normal w'n'w is 1GB?

Cheers

1gb if from a third party i think.
  • rs2ooo16valve
    Options
    Hi all,

I have today found out about these changes and I am so furious !

I have in total that I pay for 3 contacts with t-mobile.. two in my partners name and one in mine.

The two in my partners name cost me £75+ pm.. first one dont matter so much as has no internet included.

but my one is flext 50, so includes unlimited internet... at £50 pm this was the best plan that suited me with calls/texts and the data I needed.

Now this plan no longer meets my needs if this change goes ahead.

Also, I just in December 2010 took out a £25 p/m flext contract which also includes unlimited internet.... not a add on but included. I have the C7 phone... If I get this ended early, can they demand the phone back ?
    I hope they cant as it will be +1 to the consumer, and serves them right for trying it on !
  • fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    andyroid20 wrote: »
    I was just thinking. The comment tm said about if you want to download use your home broadband. It's as daft as if they said we don't recommend using smartphones for calls, its much better to use a landline. Do they think that is persuasive? Do they not realise that however apathetic a person might be they will rise up when treated unjustly ad shown by the fact this only came to light yesterday. They are digging themselves in a ever enlarging hole as they sink to new depths every time they open their proverbial orifice.

I know it's ludicrous isn't it :(

It's a mobile phone for goodness sake. What part of mobile don't they understand? Somebody obviously needs to tell them that their customers use their mobile phones when they are away from home.
  • andyroid20
    Options
    fabsaver wrote: »
    I know it's ludicrous isn't it :(

It's a mobile phone for goodness sake. What part of mobile don't they understand? Somebody obviously needs to tell them that their customers use their mobile phones when they are away from home.

Perhaps letter writing would be better than texting. Proportionately if that cut was applied to phone calls someone with 300 mins would then get 39.
    I'm hoping some disgruntled employees will walk and spill their guts about what they have been told to do. Surely there are principled people working for them who wouldn't be able to stand by and be part of it.
    Oh on a side note, anyone with shares............
  • iamparakeet
    Options
    I'm in the same position as Jaks... no SMS, no notification, but my plan on My T-Mobile now already says Capped Internet. Surely they can't do that???
    Jaks wrote: »
    My Husband has a contract with T-Mobile taken out April 2010:
    Htc Desire
    1200 Mins
    Unlimited Text
    Unlimited Internet (3Gb FU Policy with Web n Walk Plus)

£35 per month

This contract was taken out because the Unlimited Internet was the best any providers could provide at the time

After reading about T-Mobiles drop in Internet useage he wants to cancel the contract and I agree we him.

I have checked the recent bill and Web n Walk Plus in a freebie on it, but if I click on my Price plan from the side menu on their website he no longer has Web n Walk Plus but instead had Capped Data. If he wants Web n Walk Plus he has to pay an just over £10 extra for something that was free when the contract was taken out.

We have had no text message or letter telling us about the changes.
    We feel that T Mobile are in breach of contract for the price increase and also they are outside their 30 day notification about the changes (if we even get notified by them). It is possible that they might not have told us and if my husband had not have accidently come across the information on the internet we might not have know anything and then we would have had a big bill we were not expecting due to going over the new capped internet allowance.
  • Kyresa
    Kyresa Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I also now have "capped data" from wnw plus... on £10 Desire plan since April 24month contract.

I don't use much data, but that's not the point, as others have said, if they tell me I have 3gb, then I have 3gb!

I've not even received any notification of the change!!!
  • Nostromo
    Nostromo Posts: 430 Forumite
    Options
    Ive just got 2 PAC codes from other networks was going to go with tmobile this month on the 3gb deal but looks like i will be staying put till this farce is sorted out.I cant believe they actually pay these idiots good money to come up these ideas :eek:
  • fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kyresa wrote: »
    I also now have "capped data" from wnw plus... on £10 Desire plan since April 24month contract.

I don't use much data, but that's not the point, as others have said, if they tell me I have 3gb, then I have 3gb!

I've not even received any notification of the change!!!

I haven't been notified either.

Call me suspicious but I think they figured they would get less complaints if they only notified a few customers about it. Maybe they thought the rest wouldn't notice :mad:
  • rs2ooo16valve
    Options
    ive not had any notification either, and I have 3 contracts with them, 2 of which would be affected !! :(

I agree fabsaver, seems very suspicious don't it. :@

One of the lines has an amount owing, so tried calling and get put through to collections who just want money and put the phone down when i query the change !!! cheek of them ... only reason there is money owing is because we are waiting for a manager to phone back from 3 weeks ago !! to correct a billing error lol
  • crashvoodoo
    crashvoodoo Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 January 2011 at 1:22AM
    Options
    i'm wondering where I stand in all of this.

i took my contract in november through phones4u for the simple reason i wanted a desire z but I also wanted it on tmobile because of the internet bundle and that it was a free handset for £25 p/m

the internet was the unlimited internet booster and it was subject to the 3gb fup because I got the sales rep to confirm it with tmobile when he called through to activate the sim card.

the issue I had from then tho was that the *free* internet was locked at 3g speeds and not full hspda. i spent most the following day DM'ing with tmobiles twitter helper confirming this limit and the result was i'd have to pay extra to get the full hsdpa but still with the 3gb fup. my choices were £5p/m but locked in for the remainder of the contract or £7.50p/m allowing me to stop and start it at will

nobody in CS seems of any help at all. first call said i'd be affected. 2nd call said i wouldn't be afftected because i was paying for wnw+ and the 3rd call said android phones were exempt.

/irate and confused
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family