🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Options

Comments

• lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options
    "If you want to watch TV, online videos or download files, you can take advantage of your handset's WiFi feature to connect to the internet. This means that if you have wireless broadband at home, or you are in a public place with wireless internet access, you can go online this way where the experience will be better and the speeds faster. If your handset does not have WiFi then you can use your home broadband connection on your pc or laptop."

The above is an example of some of the most patronising corporate speak I have ever come across.

They are addressing customers not a classroom of under fives.
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    higgsy79 wrote: »
    T-mobile should be at the very least allow existing customers to keep the current FUP until the end of their contract.

Agreed, why not just implement this for all new contracts and keep the existing ones until the minimum period as they are?

OK, it would involve a bit more administration on their part, but it would be fairer and wouldn't alienate customers as they are doing now.
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mmpombears wrote: »
    A small update

But how does one prove that the new FUP will be of "material detriment"? I can't find my past months' data usage anywhere in my account.

I cant either find mine anywhere either, although i'd say its irrelevant really as 18/24 months is a long time, who is to say you wont change jobs and end up in a place without wifi, or get rid of your landline when the current contract with say bt expires and tether your pc to your phone - T-Mobile have stated thats fine as long as you dont go over the 3GB FUP.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • nsabournemouth
    Options
    As they have sent a text if you wish you to cancel are you able to send an email?
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    As they have sent a text if you wish you to cancel are you able to send an email?

I wonder if we can cancel by TEXT :cool:
  • nsabournemouth
    Options
    I haven't had a text yet, i found out by calling after reading this thread. 1GB down to unlimited but i can't use more than 500mb and if i do they will restrict my usuage between 4pm and 12am
  • maxtweenie
    maxtweenie Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A small update

But how does one prove that the new FUP will be of "material detriment"? I can't find my past months' data usage anywhere in my account.

Simple answer - you can't. I've looked everywhere, and the bill history shows everything except data usage. Luckily for me, I installed 3g Watchdog when I got the phone in March and that keeps 12 months history. My average usage is 565mb so on the face of it I would only be affected a small amount, however that doesn't tell the whole story. Since I started going in to the office more than once a week in September, my average monthly data usage has gone up to around 750mb as I'm not connected to my home wifi so much. As I would presumably now have to cough up another £5 a month, I consider that to be material detriment.
  • BurningSnowman
    Options
    Actually, yes, kinda. You can follow their Code of Practice complaints procedure (and suggest cancellation as a resolution) by email, if you've already spoken to a manager. I did it by post though, because I think they'll say no and I want my "deadlock letter" to be an actual letter.
  • c-m
    c-m Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A small update

You don't have to prove it. If it ever went to court as it's a civil case it would be based on the balance of probabilities. No hard/fast proof is needed.
  • nsabournemouth
    Options
    tried calling terminations and the csr is refusing to put me through
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business