🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Options

Comments

• nsabournemouth
    nsabournemouth Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2011 at 4:54PM
    Options
    Just been told that mine is coming down from 1gb to 500mb but i have unlimited use and that if i go over 500mb they will restrict my service between 4pm and midnight. (desire hd)

I also asked the guy to explain how 500mb is unlimited but he couldn't.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What about if you set up the contract through dialaphone and got a free phone..can you still cancel your contract?
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    Its rolled into my £15 per month contract, but havent had it yet either. And neither has my wife who has it rolled into her £20 per month contract.
  • peteb23
    peteb23 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    @ispartacus75 - forget that theory then ;)
  • saayinla
    saayinla Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    peteb23 wrote: »
    Maybe they are the people with the 3gb FUP rolled into their contract? Maybe the people not getting the text are the ones that pay the additional £5 a month for the web and walk Plus?

Just thinking out loud? I pay for WnW+ but haven't had an text... yet...

I do pay for Wnw+ plus and I have not received a text yet too..
  • mmpombears
    Options
    A small update
    Christopher@Which
    Just talked to Ofcom. They said that those T-Mobile customers who can make a good case that the new FUP will cause ‘material detriment’ should be entitled to cancel their contracts. It’s also worth logging complaints with Ofcom, so they’ll have the impetus to investigate T-Mobile’s actions further. I’ll have Ofcom’s official statement up soon.
    But how does one prove that the new FUP will be of "material detriment"? I can't find my past months' data usage anywhere in my account.
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    Neither can I. It seems to be something that they never itemised. Maybe its because its supposed to be unlimited.
  • nsabournemouth
    Options
    mmpombears wrote: »
    A small update

But how does one prove that the new FUP will be of "material detriment"? I can't find my past months' data usage anywhere in my account.

For example if you haven't got wireless broadband / getting rid of it
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    I also think that response is unfair. We pay (either extra or as part of a contract) for either 1GB or 3GB whether we use it or not. If they are talking it away without our consent as the other party to the contract then its grounds for cancelling the contract. Simple as that.
  • neas
    neas Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    Options
    Also I haven't been notified and haven't even completed a full month to learn of my usage!. Basically for most people it will mean they can't use it for youtube or other things after they reach their cap.

Its rubbish as its what they signed up for originally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport