Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Options

Comments

• mmpombears
    Options
    I dialed 150 this morning and spoke to a guy named Mark who said he was aware of the FUP changes, but hasn't been advised what action to take against complaints. Said he would call me back at 1pm and guess what, no call.

Phoned again, through to what sounded like a call centre (a lot of background noise), the cs adviser basically read off a piece of paper which was apparently what they were told to say to customers "the changes to FUP wouldn't allow you to terminate contract early" and 30 days notice has apparently turned into "reasonable notice"

Looks like a dead end. Tmobile's employees can't go against what they've been told. Hopefully Which's legal team can come up with a solution now.
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    villainrom wrote: »
    I get on well with one of the staff in my local store (the guy is a student and also works in another shop I use, so I see him about quite a lot).

He said that they have received no information on the matter, and that at present he is avoiding selling people these contracts, as he feels he would be breaking the law by advertising per the "corporate line" which is that it's reduced to 500 MB.

He said there is confusion and nobody really seems to know what is going on, but that the store manager genuinely hasn't been told about this. The stores are not related to the call centres, and communication is usually pretty poor between them.

This guy is trustworthy (he told me about 6monthweb at least 4 weeks before it was announced, as long as I didn't mention it to anyone), and sure enough, on the day he said, 6monthweb was announced...

And no, I'm not giving any details on the store or person, as he's staying out of this... Sounds like there's internal corporate mayhem, with nobody in charge of decisions making.

Thats fair enough. Dont blame him for wanting to stay out of it. Especially if they are as much in the dark as we are.
  • villainrom
    Options
    Luke2642 wrote: »
    I just tweeted @tmobileukhelp and sent them my account details.

"@tmobileukhelp just spoke to cancellations. He put me up to a 3GB limit for free & said this would still apply after Feb. Is that right?"

They messaged me back saying:

"Hi Luke, they have added WnW+, from my understanding this will have a 1GB FUP come February. We're are awaiting confirmation."

If you have the name of the CSR that you spoke to, and ideally their team number, then you are now on a 3GB FUP, though you might have to fight for it.

I have one last trump card, which is to try and call back the indivdual salesperson I bought my contract with, as she was really helpful and clued up, but that was about 16 months ago... No idea if she will still be there, but I found that she knew the system like the back of her hand, putting things on in certain orders, specifically "making" me pay for internet, as she was refunding it via another means. So I think the issue is that T-Mobile actually don't know themselves. Everyone looks to their boss for answers. The boss can't look up, but he doesn't know. The person who made the decision needs to get his a** in gear, as this is mainstream news on the BBC now...
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mmpombears wrote: »
    I dialed 150 this morning and spoke to a guy named Mark who said he was aware of the FUP changes, but hasn't been advised what action to take against complaints. Said he would call me back at 1pm and guess what, no call.

Phoned again, through to what sounded like a call centre (a lot of background noise), the cs adviser basically read off a piece of paper which was apparently what they were told to say to customers "the changes to FUP wouldn't allow you to terminate contract early" and 30 days notice has apparently turned into "reasonable notice"

Looks like a dead end. Tmobile's employees can't go against what they've been told. Hopefully Which's legal team can come up with a solution now.

Far from a dead end, just depends how hard you are willing to push it, for me I'm more than happy to take it to the small claims court as it really annoys me how they think they can just do what they like.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • daleski75
    daleski75 Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    Just called 150 and they have stated that even though when I signed up for the 2 year agreement it comes with internet as part of the contract and NOT a booster I still cannot cancel.

I then asked them if they could do anything for me with regards to the booster and they stated I have to pay an extra £15.00 a month for the privilege of continuing to use the phone as I want to use it.

Also asked why has this tripled in price from only a couple of days ago and she could not answer that one.

Not good guys.
  • villainrom
    Options
    Thats fair enough. Dont blame him for wanting to stay out of it. Especially if they are as much in the dark as we are.

Yeah, I know he was looking at leaving, as he was one of their top sellers and got an offer at a rival company's stores.

Issue here is that t-mobile retail stores are NOT kept updated via the internal customer support channels. They are kept updated of sales things, but it appears T-M are still selling 3GB plans on their site... There is false advertising going on here, as the FUP has not been clarified. They should re-write the FUP, and post it as the one that will take effect.

Then we can read it and truly understand what's going on... They weren't even aware of this change until customers started asking, and he checked out twitter on his smartphone... :)
  • chadwicksmith
    Options
    just had a chat with tmobile online,

here is what they had to say:

This functionality requires JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript and try again. To read the LivePerson accessibility policy, please go to the Liveperson accessibility policy page.
    You are about to be connected to a new connection sales advisor for T-Mobile UK. Please note they do not have access to existing customer details and cannot process upgrades or queries related to an existing T-Mobile account. If you have a query of this nature please contact customer services on 0845 412 5000 or 150 from a T-Mobile handset..
    You are now connected with Emily.
    Emily: Hi there, my name is Emily. I am part of the dedicated T-Mobile Online Sales Team. How can I help you with your new order?
    Emily: Hi Steve
    Emily: How are you?
    steve: fine thanks,
    Emily: How May I help you with new order?
    steve: im looking to get a desire hd on contract and wanted to know about the unlimited internet
    steve: what is the fair usage policy
    Emily: Yes you will get Unlimited browsing with 3GB a month download limit
    steve: is it not 500mb from 1st feb?
    Emily: It is not 500MB
    Emily: Would you like to be helped with phone deal?
    steve: http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-support/index?page=home&cat=DATA_CHANGES
    steve: could you check this and confirm please
    Emily: There is no mention of Android phone
    Emily: I haven't heard from you for a while. Are you still there?
    steve: yes
    steve: it doe say that 'From 1st February 2011 we will be aligning our fair use policies so our mobile internet service will have fair use of 500MB.'
    steve: it says 'policies' not policy
    steve: so meaning all of them?
    Emily: Steve, We have not receive intimation about Android phone fair use policy
    steve: can you confirm this with your superior?
    Emily: Steve, Our Superior has informed about it
    steve: and what haave they confirmed?
    Emily: Steve, They have mentioned that Fair Usage policy is not applicable for Android phone
    steve: yes 1 moment please
    steve: does it make a difference wether the internet is included as part of a 'andriod' price plan or if it was purchased seperatley?
    Emily: It does not make difference
    steve: so the 3gb data fair usage will not be changing to 500mb on the 1st of feb? even though it states it on the link i gave you earlier?
    Emily: Yes it won't change
    steve: can i have your name and department please so i can quote you if i have any problems in the future
    Emily: My Name is Emily from Online sales team
    steve: could be a little more specific with your team? what is your managers name? or department number? for example.. ps10?
    Emily: Department is Online sales team
    Emily: You do not need our Manager's name
    steve: what is your id number? other tmobile reps give me this so i can track them faster rather than just a name, its a 9 digit number
    Emily: Steve, I am just recognised by My Name, I do not have id no.
    steve: are you sure as it will be hard to track you by just your name, as i said before i am normally given a department number or id number so people can be traced
    Emily: I am here available online by My Name
    Emily: I am recognised
    steve: what is your managers name
    Emily: I am sorry I not allowed to reveal Manager's name
    Emily: Thank you for chatting with us. Have a nice day!
    Thank you for chatting with us.
  • mmpombears
    Options
    N20Y1D wrote: »
    Far from a dead end, just depends how hard you are willing to push it, for me I'm more than happy to take it to the small claims court as it really annoys me how they think they can just do what they like.

Do you think sending their head office a recorded complaint letter, then canceling direct debit is the way forward? Or will that mean I have also breached their T&Cs and therefore wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court?

I would love to argue with them all day, but there's only so much time I'm willing to waste complaining to a call centre where employees are paid to read off a script.
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    villainrom wrote: »

They weren't even aware of this change until customers started asking, and he checked out twitter on his smartphone... :)

He should have waited till he got home... :)
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • peteb23
    peteb23 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 January 2011 at 4:02PM
    Options
    Luke2642 wrote: »
    I just tweeted @tmobileukhelp and sent them my account details.

"@tmobileukhelp just spoke to cancellations. He put me up to a 3GB limit for free & said this would still apply after Feb. Is that right?"

They messaged me back saying:

"Hi Luke, they have added WnW+, from my understanding this will have a 1GB FUP come February. We're are awaiting confirmation."

I pay £5 a month for the Internet+ (3gb FUP) and tweeted T-mobile to check. They've advised that even that will be going down to 500mb
    Hi, if you pay an additional £5 you will have a 500mb FUP. We are the only network not to charge should you go over it.

http://twitter.com/#!/TmobileUKhelp/status/24520661430964224

I honestly don't think they've got a clue what's going on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure