June 2012 brides

Options

Comments

• spoonymoose
    spoonymoose Posts: 452 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2011 at 12:18AM
    Options
    Hello!

Just thought I would add that we are hopefully booking our wedding for the 4th June 2012... We got engaged on 28th January and have found THE wedding venue! :D
    Planned our wedding, still planning lessons
    :smileyheaSaid "I do" on 4th June 2012:smileyhea
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Congrats spoony! How lovely.

Well after being a bit worried about communication with our venue they have finally returned the contracts signed and taken deposit! So now everything venue wise is completely booked!

Is anyone else having a church wedding?
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • flackety
    Options
    Aaaargghhhh! Just made an appointment to try on wedding dresses this weekend and I'm scared!

Got my save the dates through as well today I'm pleased with them but a couple had scratches on so need to sort them out! :mad:

I'm not getting married in a church, just having a civil ceremony. I think church weddings are lovely but me and OH are not religious in the slightest so decided against!
  • flackety
    Options
    PS Good news about your venue becca!
  • UmbraFeles
    Options
    becca0417 wrote: »
    Glad you enjoyed the wedding fayre umbra... we just got back from our local one and it was KAK!!!!
    Glad you are joining us!
    Thanks. We've got another one planned but it's at a venue we're looking at so we can kill two birds with one stone!
    Oohh, whereabouts in Lincolnshire Umbrafeles? I'm in Grimsby but getting wed in S!!!!horpe! Off to wedding fayre today at the auditorium for some inspiration! :D
    Hi littlemissnau - we still need to decide where! I think we've narrowed it down to three-ish choices. We're near Lincoln but none of the venues we like are nearby. There's one in Grantham and two in Louth. Whereabouts in Sc*nthorpe are you getting married?

Gave a good pitch to both sets of parents at the weekend and they've agreed to give me money each month to put in savings :) We'd budgeted to be able to pay ourselves but it means it will be a lot easier this way which I'm very grateful for.
    Getting married: 21/06/12! :D
    Current weight loss: 2st!!!
  • MrsDrink
    MrsDrink Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Options
    I'm just having a sneaky peek in here (I'm getting married the month after you guys) and saw two more fellow Lincolnshire brides! (I met one on here the other day and another two earlier today!) It's strange out of the whole of the UK that there is 6 of us all relatively close!! Anyway - congratulations!! (edit - I live in Louth).
  • UmbraFeles
    Options
    flackety wrote: »
    Aaaargghhhh! Just made an appointment to try on wedding dresses this weekend and I'm scared!
    Oooooh, how exciting! My future MIL wants to make my dress for me so I ordered a pattern last night (out of print so I've had to get from the US) after spending all evening on the phone with her! Still want to go try dresses on and if I like one (and its cheap of course)I'll snap it up to save her the hassle. My mum has decided to make the bridesmaid dresses. She's already got the pattern and we've decided on material. I'm sooooo excited!!! :T
    becca0417 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having a church wedding?
    I think church weddings are beautiful but neither of us are religious so I'd feel guilty getting married in one! I like the outdoor wedding idea and there's Kenwick Park in Louth that are building a gazebo for outdoor weddings this year so that's on our shortlist!
  • UmbraFeles
    Options
    MrsDrink wrote: »
    I'm just having a sneaky peek in here (I'm getting married the month after you guys) and saw two more fellow Lincolnshire brides! (I met one on here the other day and another two earlier today!) It's strange out of the whole of the UK that there is 6 of us all relatively close!! Anyway - congratulations!! (edit - I live in Louth).
    Hi MrsDrink - congrats to you too! Are you getting married locally? Maybe there's so many of us because the weather in Lincolnshire is rubbish apart from in the Summer...
  • MrsDrink
    MrsDrink Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2011 at 9:30PM
    Options
    UmbraFeles wrote: »
    Hi MrsDrink - congrats to you too! Are you getting married locally? Maybe there's so many of us because the weather in Lincolnshire is rubbish apart from in the Summer...

Thank you!! I am - we're getting married in Louth Registry office and then we're off to ours for a house party :) May I ask which venues near Louth you're considering? (Have you seen the thread someone started yesterday about Lincolnshire Venues?)

*edit*
    Just seen the post above this where you've mentioned Kenwick. I have only ever been there to the spa but the grounds are lovely!! If we were having a traditional do I would have that on my list of possible venues. Especially, like you said, being able to marry outside.
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ive chosen it!! After thinking I'd never find the one, I found my gorgeous dress today!
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport