June 2012 brides

Options

Comments

• Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    £1650 :eek: I found one I loved for £1200 then found an even better one for £695! :D

Start going to wedding fayres this year, as soon as you can, otherwise places start getting booked up!
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Our photographer cost 385 for whole day which I am pleased about!
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • jodt2303
    Options
    The photographer is kirstinprisk.co.uk, I love her photographs next to the sea. We've spoken to our good friend and we all but have it in writing that he will do our photography, and its good because I actually prefer his landscape photography compared to the expensive one! And this way we will be able talk a bit more about what we want, and he knows most of the people he will be photographing too.
    We are not having to pay for our reception venue either, but are looking into a small marquee/big gazebo to extend the space as we are having afternoon tea followed by a hog roast, and whilst we love the idea of having an indoor outdoor feel we would be screwed if it decided to rain!
    Our good friend owns a pub so he is going to do the bar for us at cost (real ales) and a friend who spends half the year in france is going to get the wine for us - through a local wine merchant it's good and works out at just over £1 per bottle!
  • Gemmzie
    Options
    jodt2303 - We wanted a marquee and hog roast but when we realised we'd be adding over £4k to the costs :eek: Where are you getting married?
  • becca0417
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sounds lovely jodie.

We've not booked much else yet and I am getting a little annoyed over lack of communication from our booked venue!
  • jodt2303
    Options
    We are in Cornwall, not too far from Falmouth. It's pretty. We originally wanted a marquee but they are so expensive and there are much better things I would rather spend my money on than a big tent. We've managed to source a hog roast for £150, the ones that put 'Wedding' in front of it charge up to 10x that! Honestly if I wasn't the one getting married I would do it myself, but I think it would spoil my dress.
  • UmbraFeles
    Options
    Congratulations everyone!
    We got engaged on Christmas Eve 2010 after being together nearly 6 years (told him it was about bloody time), and have decided on 21st June 2012.
    We've got the budget talk with the parents this afternoon and I've put a spreadsheet and presentation together to show them all the ideas we've got...:whistle:
    I've been trying to trawl through the 'Wedding Tips start here...' thread but I've only got as far as page 57!
    Decided on most things already (and bought a few things). Both got a week off in March to look around venues in Lincolnshire and sounds like we'd better get the registrar pencilled in already.
    One of the venues we were thinking of has just gone bankrupt - typically it was the cheapest one :(
    Managed to drag the HTB to a wedding fayre the other weekend and he was really enthusiastic and we picked up loads of flyers. I think the best information we've received so far though is from the registry office with all the registered venues on.
    Excited to see what ideas everyone else comes up with - I've used sooo many ideas so far from the other thread :p
    Getting married: 21/06/12! :D
    Current weight loss: 2st!!!
  • becca0417
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed the wedding fayre umbra... we just got back from our local one and it was KAK!!!!
    Glad you are joining us!
  • littlemissnau41
    Options
    Oohh, whereabouts in Lincolnshire Umbrafeles? I'm in Grimsby but getting wed in S!!!!horpe! Off to wedding fayre today at the auditorium for some inspiration! :D
  • Gemmzie
    Options
    jodt2303 wrote: »
    We are in Cornwall, not too far from Falmouth. It's pretty. We originally wanted a marquee but they are so expensive and there are much better things I would rather spend my money on than a big tent. We've managed to source a hog roast for £150, the ones that put 'Wedding' in front of it charge up to 10x that! Honestly if I wasn't the one getting married I would do it myself, but I think it would spoil my dress.

Ooo we're getting married in Newquay and you're my wedding twin too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport