June 2012 brides

Options

Comments

• flackety
    flackety Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    How far in advance can you book your registrar?

Hey DanielleNic 87, think it depends were you live! It's supposed to be no more then 12 months in advance but some places will let you be "pencilled in" before then. Just worth ringing them and seeing what they say, I've managed to to book mine but need to get back in touch within 12 months before to let them know we're still going ahead and to give notice, etc.
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    How far in advance can you book your registrar?

Depends on your county, because we're getting married in Cornwall (Porth, near Newquay) - we rang in the summer and there were only two times left :eek: We are paying £50 to secure the time and date.
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • Pernicious
    Pernicious Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

First of all congratulations :j

Secondly, I am hoping to get married in June 2012 too (nothing booked yet) & was just wondering if any of you ladies got a discount for getting married on the Sun/Mon of the jubilee weekend? I was thinking this might help keep costs down instead of having it on a Saturday which is always the most expensive.
    :idea:Debt at July 2012: £12,862.57 :eek:
    :dance:Current Debt: £0 :j
    100% paid off!
    :think: Savings Goal for November 2016: £5000 :cool:
    :D Current Savings: £1176.24 _party_
    23.52% Saved!
  • DanielleNic87
    Options
    We are getting married in Cornwall to, so i had better get on the phone to them now.

February GC £26.68/£250

• Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    We are getting married in Cornwall to, so i had better get on the phone to them now.

Definitely, especially if it's in the Newquay/St Austell parish
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • gj195
    gj195 Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    Pernicious wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

First of all congratulations :j

Secondly, I am hoping to get married in June 2012 too (nothing booked yet) & was just wondering if any of you ladies got a discount for getting married on the Sun/Mon of the jubilee weekend? I was thinking this might help keep costs down instead of having it on a Saturday which is always the most expensive.

That was our thinking, and the reason we picked 4th June, hoping to get it at the cheaper/weekday rate especially as we booked last summer before most people knew about the jubilee, but our venue works on a peak/off peak tarrif - and June is peak! :( But we've stuck with it...plenty of time to save!!
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams. :A
  • prettypinksparkly
    Options
    We booked our reception venue today so defo getting married on 16th june 2012. I'm sooo excited hehe xx:j
    Addicted to comping.
  • Pernicious
    Pernicious Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    Options
    gj195 wrote: »
    That was our thinking, and the reason we picked 4th June, hoping to get it at the cheaper/weekday rate especially as we booked last summer before most people knew about the jubilee, but our venue works on a peak/off peak tarrif - and June is peak! :( But we've stuck with it...plenty of time to save!!

I guess it is all down to the venue then, are any of you having any problems in finding that good suppliers are already booked up then as it seems to be such a popular weekend?
    :idea:Debt at July 2012: £12,862.57 :eek:
    :dance:Current Debt: £0 :j
    100% paid off!
    :think: Savings Goal for November 2016: £5000 :cool:
    :D Current Savings: £1176.24 _party_
    23.52% Saved!
  • DanielleNic87
    Options
    Well we have booked the registrar now, glad i popped on here! :o

So thats another thing ticked off the list.

Danielle

February GC £26.68/£250

• becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Great news Danielle.

Just waiting for our Save the Dates to come, has anyone else tried on any dresses yet?!
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport