June 2012 brides

Options

Comments

• trina2010
    trina2010 Posts: 487 Forumite
    Options
    hello all, ill join the 2nd June group :) we booked the wedding long before we knew it was the jubilee (booked in June 09).

weve had a rather long engagement now...been engaged since Jan 07! so we're finally getting round to it.
    venue (inc food, drinks, accomodation) is booked, so is photographer and the band so we're well on at the minute, now to start dealing with the other things! invites to be made etc!

Household 2 adults, 2 cats and baby boy (2.11.13)
    Married my wonderful husband on 2nd June 2012
    June GC: 0/300
  • hayley11
    hayley11 Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok i've changed the date! I don't want people moaning about my wedding clashing with the quarter finals!

So we are also the 2nd June :D Chuffed about the extra bank holiday!

Going to look into booking a venue really soon now though, don't want to miss out!
    :heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
    I :heart2: my doggies
  • puddycat
    puddycat Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 January 2011 at 12:23AM
    Options
    Aaaah Hayley! Fingers crossed that England qualify now and do better than they did in the World Cup.

I'm once bitten twice shy. I can remember having my 18th birthday party and England happened to be playing on the same night. Hardly anyone turned up until 9:45pm when the football had finished.

At least you've all got an extra day or two to recover now x

Trina - you're well organised! All I've done is book the venue and talked about cakes with my friend who'll be making it.
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I feel terrible, everyone else is far more organised! Puddy we are northants.

How is everyone planning on saving money on their wedding?
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • eldoxy24
    eldoxy24 Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey there long time looker so now I can join this post... 02 Jun 2012 for me too had no idea it was the Jubilee until I read this.

So far we have our venue, photographer I have me dress all sorted. My friend is making our wedding cake and I have another friend doing all my stationary.

Thinking of sending my save the dates out a year before, need to wait till 02 Jun this year to book my registrar the council area where I am getting married dont let you do it until a year before :-(

Oh so excited!!!!
  • hayley11
    hayley11 Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think with all councils it's got to be within 12 months of the wedding but no later than two weeks before, something like that anyway.

Becca i'm not organised at all, I haven't even thought about a venue! I'm feeling quite antsy about that now though with the 2nd being on such a popular weekend.
    :heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
    I :heart2: my doggies
  • becca0417
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We've booked our church! Very exciting, date now confirmed.
  • flackety
    flackety Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Oooooo, my wedding's 02 June 2012 too! OH chose it due to the long weekend (which was the only reason he agreed to June 2012, as he wanted to get married earlier!)

Well, we've got the venue booked which includes food, drinks, etc, photographer booked and "penciled in" with the registrar, but we couldn't get the time we wanted so have had to go for an hour later :(

Need to look into save the dates in the next month or two. Where has/is everyone getting theirs from?
  • becca0417
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm looking ay magnets for my save the dates frm ebay or Vista. What are you thinking?
  • flackety
    flackety Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah I'm thinking Vista too, as a lot of people on here seem to have got some good bargains! Might sort it now(ish) so hopefully can get lots of freebies and will be well organised!

Still need to sort wedding insurance, does anyone have any recommendations? My cheapest quote was E&L, but the reviews are really bad. All the others are far more expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure