June 2012 brides

Options

Comments

• flackety
    Options
    Congratulations Skypie123! What date are you getting married, and have you got anywhere with your planning yet?

I have been moving quite slowly because it feels like I've got ages but I'm now thinking if I sort everything now = no stress near the wedding! I've just ordered my save the dates (from Vistaprint) and are waiting for them to come, and I'm thinking of going dress shopping this weekend as a shop near me has a 50% sale on loads of dresses!

Hows anyone else getting on? xxx
  • redfiesta1979
    Options
    Hi everyone,

We are getting married on 16th June 2012 too - :)
    We booked the venue last October before we actually got engaged but after the OH had asked my Dad so not too bridezilla. We knew exactly which venue we wanted, we knew we wanted May/June/July and we're getting married in York so wanted to avoid Race Meets as accommodation goes even quicker than normal.
    We discovered the delights of Vistaprint as we really didn't want to spend a lot on invites, and we're currently playing around with samples on there.
    We've met a couple of photographers and have 2 more to meet this Saturday. We're finding this decision really hard!!!!!! We had £1500 in the budget and we are coming in under that as we had hoped we would with the people we are meeting but struggling to choose between them.
    We pre-booked the registrar for an extra £20 just after we booked the venue. We're not having any cars, I'm going to make the short walk myself and we're at the same place all day.
    We're just sorting out a gift list and we're going to pick up wedding ring designs (mine needs to be shaped) on Saturday so then hoping to order those and we can tick that off too. Very pleased with our fabulous jeweller, we also bought the e ring there and he has been fabulous and way more competitive for wedding rings then anyone else. We were going to get platinum for the OH (I'm a yellow gold girl) but on his advice have slashed the cost by 75% by choosing palladium - same finish, same strength, just not as heavy. I think a lot of people know about it now but just in case you don't.
    I've got nearly all the props for our table centres from Ebay and jam jars for jam favours made by the FMIL. Mum's doing cupcakes and Grandma doing a small square fruit cake for cutting.

SOOOOOO relieved that you are all planning away too, thought I was being hyper organised and scary!
    Worried about dress buying process and putting it off for the moment, don't enjoy the fuss but do want a proper one. Mums looking at flowers, I don't want much. What sort of budgets are people looking at for flowers??
    And what about hair and make-up if they come to you? I'll have to sort this locally as I'm getting ready in York but I don't live there...?? x
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi girls!
    We're getting busy here!
    Flackety I've been dress shopping also, is great fun but am now finding it stressful!
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • jodt2303
    Options
    Hello, I'm a June Bride too (the 2nd!)
    Got loads to do, booked the Church today, got the reception venue sorted, I've already bought my dress - the "one" just so happened to be massively reduced at the end of a sale, I've bought all the stuff needed to do our own stationery and chosen colour scheme, but now need to book photographer, although we are friends with a few they are more into landscape and natural photography so not sure. Got florists sorted, we have some very talented friends who have agreed to arrange the flowers that we will buy. We will be doing catering, and MIL to be will hopefully be doing the cake - she used to do it for a living.
    It all sounds so easy doesn't it when you write it down!!

Jo
  • shezam
    shezam Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all!

Just stumbled across this thread! My Partner proposed on NYE 2010 and we decided last night to go for June 2012. I'm think either the 16th or 30th, My birthday on 23rd don't want to get married then. I'm glad I found this thread as I can share my excitement with others and decide where abouts I need to be with regards to planning/booking etc.

Looking forward to picking up some tips. Been looking at venue's today at work but can't decide anything until speaking to other half. Eeeeeeek its all so its exciting :D
    Suzi x
  • donnap83
    donnap83 Posts: 540 Forumite
    Options
    We've just booked 23rd June for our wedding!!

Just realised that it clashes with the Euro tournament:mad:
    :oGetting married 23rd June 2012!!:o
  • jodt2303
    Options
    We chose the 2nd as it will be 2 years from when the beloved proposed!

Suzi, at least if you chose your birthday then your OH would never forget your anniversary!!
  • jodt2303
    Options
    I've also been looking at photographers, I've been to the wedding fairs, some have been doing some very good deals, but thanks to Google I've now fallen in love with a photographer whose packages START at £1650!!! not very MSE. Grrr.
  • Eems121
    Options
    Another June 2012 Bride here!

23 June for me, we tried to get the Jubilee weekend but our vene was booked, so I will use this long weekend for the hen party instead :D

Have only booked the venue and church so far, was going to wait until T-1 to start organising other things but this thread has inspired me to start now!
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm starting to feel like I will have done it all soon!!
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport