June 2012 brides

Options

Comments

• littlemissnau41
    Options
    Eeekk! This is so exciting to find some Lincolnshire brides, all relatively close by! We'll all have to share/post tips about any good suppliers we find!

Umbrafeles, my venue is Normanby Hall - it's run by the council so their prices are quite reasonable and also are the same price regardless what day you marry. It's actually a museum too but you get sole use 4 different rooms (the whole place - if during winter as it's then closed to the public) It's set in the grounds of the country park and also backs onto their huge deer park. It's just absolutely beautiful.

Becca, can't believe you've found your dress already!! Yay! Any clues what it's like? Would love to know what it's like!! :)
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 5 August 2011 at 9:17AM
    Options
    Your venue sounds lovely. I work in a school so have to make the most of the holidays wedding wise. My dress is sottero and midgley...beautiful
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • UmbraFeles
    Options
    Well done on your dress becca - looks lovely with the flower design.

Thanks for the info on Normanby Hall littlemissnau. I'd dismissed that as I thought it would be way above our budget. I used to go there when I was younger with my grandparents, and I dragged the OH there in March last year to have a wander round the grounds :p
    Getting married: 21/06/12! :D
    Current weight loss: 2st!!!
  • littlemissnau41
    Options
    Becca, your dress is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it!!!

Umbrafeles, definitely don't discount it... the prices aren't as much as you think they would be! The catering manager Emma is lovely and is flexible on what they can do for us. There's also good reviews on hitched. Though some are a bit older now, it gives you an idea:
    http://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-venues/reviews/normanby-hall_1713.htm
  • becca0417
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I really do love it and have managed to negotiate a cheaper price (by 400!) at another local shop who also stock the dress.

Hope you ladies get your venues sorted, they look so lovely!
  • donnap83
    Options
    Anyone else a Yorkshire bride? Specifically North Yorkshire?
    :oGetting married 23rd June 2012!!:o
  • becca0417
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ordering my dress on friday!!!!
  • littlemissnau41
    Options
    Yay!! Good times!!! Did you manage to find a good price for it? At this rate, you'll have your wedding sorted by June 2011! ;)
  • becca0417
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It takes up to 9 months to come in!! I want to do it now as I want to make EVERYTHING we can so need lots of time!!
  • UmbraFeles
    Options
    Can't believe it takes that long!
    I'm the same becca - I've already made half the favour boxes and I've got all the bits for the invites including a wax seal with our initials engraved into for the envelopes :D
    Getting married: 21/06/12! :D
    Current weight loss: 2st!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family