We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

June 2012 brides

Options

Comments

• Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    jodt2303 wrote: »
    Maybe a secret thread for locals only then!!

What town are you getting married in? We are getting married at Mabe Church, near Falmouth. The Church is booked, and we are having a close friend do the service for us but we went to let him know the date yesterday and he has another wedding (in the morning he thinks, it better be!)
    I knew a bride who got married at the big church in Falmouth because she had seen it in Vogue or something, how awful!

Have you been looking at photographers etc?

Jo

We're getting married in Porth. That's lucky, my jaw dropped at the price of the registrar! We have a photographer - we went to a few wedding fayres last year and found a great one. Have you found one yet?

Dulcie - wedding fayres are a great way to find themes, or start with your favourite colour or a hobby and build on it from there. Four Weddings on TV is great too for ideas!
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • hayley11
    hayley11 Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm feeling sooo unorganised reading this thread!

All i've done is provisionally book the registrar for the 1st June, I am doing the cake and my friend is doing my stationery.

I was at a wedding fayre a couple of weeks ago, but I had a stall so was too busy to have a look round! :o

My OH is off work for a couple of weeks in April, I think we'll go venue hunting and do some serious planning then.

We were watching Don't Tell The Bride yesterday and a dress similar to the style I like came on and he actually said ewwww, looks like a kid playing dress up :eek: :eek: :eek: He obviously didn't know I wanted one like that!
    :heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
    I :heart2: my doggies
  • Gemmzie
    Options
    Oh no Hayley, that must have been a bit of a shock but if it's only similar and it's on you - I'm sure he'll love it.

I'm only trying to be super organised because of it being a bank holiday weekend and I only have time to plan during school holidays. I really wouldn't worry yet.
  • redfiesta1979
    Options
    donnap83 wrote: »
    Anyone else a Yorkshire bride? Specifically North Yorkshire?

Hi Donnap83,

I'm a Yorkshire bride. Live in Guiseley, getting married in York :j
  • hayley11
    hayley11 Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gemmzie wrote: »
    Oh no Hayley, that must have been a bit of a shock but if it's only similar and it's on you - I'm sure he'll love it.

I'm only trying to be super organised because of it being a bank holiday weekend and I only have time to plan during school holidays. I really wouldn't worry yet.

Yeah it wasn't exact, and hopefully he will think I look pretty no matter what, with it being our wedding day an all!

Our wedding is on the jubilee weekend so I'm worried i'm leaving things too late but i'm so busy with my new business, I haven't got time to plan a wedding. :o I do love planning parties and things though so i'd never hire a wedding planner, just need to set aside some time!
    :heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
    I :heart2: my doggies
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Gem are you a teacher too?!

Congested dulcie x
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • spoonymoose
    spoonymoose Posts: 452 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh are there lots of teachers getting married in June?

I'm a teacher too :D

Just sent off the deposit for the venue today... Eeeek, it's all becoming a bit real! :T
    Planned our wedding, still planning lessons
    :smileyheaSaid "I do" on 4th June 2012:smileyhea
  • Gemmzie
    Options
    Hi, not a teacher, I work with the students in a sort of guidance role, pastoral support sort of lines.

:T on the deposit spoony!
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I teach primary sebd. Think its a popular weekend for teachers etc as is half term!
    Anyone have honeymoon plans?
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • UmbraFeles
    UmbraFeles Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    We're thinking about going to Edinburgh for the weekend afterwards (he was born in Scotland), and then we're going to give guests the option of holiday vouchers or a small gift registry, for those who want to give a present. Then we can choose somewhere to go later in the year so we've still got something to look forward to afterwards rather than it all happening in one go!
    Getting married: 21/06/12! :D
    Current weight loss: 2st!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills