We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

June 2012 brides

Options

Comments

• jodt2303
    jodt2303 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    We will probably 'Honeymoon' in the Scillies as we can't afford a proper one - although we may do one of those honeymoon gift list jobbies... Haven't decided yet!
  • hayley11
    hayley11 Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've decided we're going on a road trip through wales, the cotswolds and the south west. Haven't really planned anything yet and i'm a bit worried about the olympics pushing hotel prices up but it'd be so much fun. We don't want to go abroad because we don't want to leave our doggy :D
    :heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
    I :heart2: my doggies
  • jodt2303
    jodt2303 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    @ Hayley11
    That sounds like a lot of fun, more than anything we want a dog (or 2) but we are going to wait until we emigrate (to NZ) as it wouldn't be fair on them to put them in quarantine, I'm so jealous!
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hayley that sounds sooo nice!

And jodt I am VV jealous of you emigrating. We went to NZ on hol last year and had the time of our lives!

We are thinking of going to Florida but waiting to see how the budget pans out first!
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • becca0417
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oooo also if you haven't got your wedding date somewhere, I haven;t added it to the list on p1 so post it below!
  • Eems121
    Eems121 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hi girls. Are any of you having a live band at your reception? What do you think is a reasonable price for a band and DJ? We have found a four piece band we really like, however for them to play for 2 hours and provide a DJ for 3 hours, it is £1100. Bit pricey!
  • flackety
    flackety Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't been on here for a while, been busy!

My dress shopping went ok, didn't find one I liked enough though but going somewhere else this weekend so fingers crossed!

Eems121, I'm hoping to have a live band and I'm having a DJ. The DJ is included in my wedding package anyway but would cost £250 if he wasn't. Otherwise I'd have had someone I know who charges £150 for the whole night. The band I want (which is four piece) costs £250 for 3 30-45 mins sets and bring all there own equipment, etc, etc. They are really good as well. So £1100 seems a bit steep to me! Where are you based and what kind of band are you after as I think the type of music changes the price quite substantially?
  • becca0417
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We REALLY wanted a band but ones around here were also that price! Also we weren't sure that they would play music to all our guests tastes. Your band sounds good Flackety.
  • donnap83
    donnap83 Posts: 540 Forumite
    Options
    My venue fell through late last week. Paid the deposit only a couple of weeks ago. In hindsight it may be a blessing as several bad reviews have appeared on Trip Advisor recently (i didn't think to check review sites before booking)

Feeling a bit deflated at the moment, all the other possible venues are upto £1000 more. Not a lot in some peoples eyes, but a lot to us :(

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Looking at 4 other places over the next couple of weeks!
    :oGetting married 23rd June 2012!!:o
  • puddycat
    puddycat Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have to say everyone seems very organised on here, I'm starting to get a little worried now that I should be doing more.

All i've done so far is pay the deposit on the venue and I haven't even thought about dress shopping.

£1,000 is a lot to me too Donna, I hope you get somewhere sorted soon though
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport