Nibe Fighter 360p ashp costing me loads to run

Options

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I really am surprised at these reports of possible court action.

As long as someone reports accurate information and/or honest opinions and doesn't state or imply wrongdoing by the company, then there is nothing to worry about.

For instance I don't like my Ferrari or my Aston Martin as, like my Rolls Royce, they are ugly, slow and thirsty and uncomfortable to drive. If I state my Rolls has needed 4 new engines this year - and it hadn't, then I might be in trouble.

Now my Reliant Robin - that really is some car!!
  • denial2010
    denial2010 Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 February 2011 at 7:28PM
    Options
    *deleted*.
    Mortgage Started: £131,500 (June 2010)
    Mortgage Paid Off: £33,000 (25.1%)
    Mortgage Remaining: £98,500
  • minxyjinx79
    Options
    call my blonde lol, but i dont understand readings and things, where would i find these and how would i go about logging these down, am so glad i have found people with the same issue and its not just us, i am going to show our housing officer some of these comments and hopefully they will then become aware of the situation and also know that we are trying our best to keep the cost down!
  • ra200
    ra200 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    What readings do you want to find?, Readings to do what type of things?, Are you a melin homes tenant?,
    call my blonde lol, but i dont understand readings and things, where would i find these and how would i go about logging these down, am so glad i have found people with the same issue and its not just us, i am going to show our housing officer some of these comments and hopefully they will then become aware of the situation and also know that we are trying our best to keep the cost down!
  • minxyjinx79
    Options
    ra200 wrote: »
    What readings do you want to find?, Readings to do what type of things?, Are you a melin homes tenant?,

how much electric we are using each day, and no i am with guiness hermitage, portsmouth area... sorry for sounding dumb, ive never had to deal with this kind of stuff before lol
  • Aceboyz
    Aceboyz Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    how much electric we are using each day, and no i am with guiness hermitage, portsmouth area... sorry for sounding dumb, ive never had to deal with this kind of stuff before lol

Hi, all we do on a daily basis is go to the electric meter and take daily and night readings.

If yours is the same as ours the first figure you will see is the daily reading with the number (1) next to it then there should be a blue button or just a button that you can click, which moves the reading over to night (4). If you click it again you should then get a total reading.

take a reading today and then again at the same time tomorrow and then you can work out in kW's how much electricity is being used. The really best times are when it's really cold because then the Nibe really has to work, well maybe not but it tries in some form anyway.

Hope this has helped?
  • minxyjinx79
    Options
    thank you, i will have a go,

we are at the point where we dont know where to go next with this, Today when a nibe guy came round he had a go at us because our bedroom window is constantly open (my partner and i have asthma and find leaving the window open helps) so we asked about the summer months and he said dont open the windows thats the biggest mistake people make is opening their windows? my partner said well brick the windows up then!!! and when the last nibe guy came round i asked him if having our bedroom window made a difference to having heat and hot water and he said no! so confused and stressed! we really dont want to move as we are in the ideal place at the moment and i love the house!

sorry for rambling needed to let it out! thanks again for your reply
  • ra200
    edited 11 February 2011 at 7:28PM
    Options
    Just remember when you read the meter that some of that usage is from appliances as well,

• ra200
    Options
    Regarding opening windows I was told by Nibe not to open windows and doors unnecessarily which is obvious as it is a exhaust air to water heat pump but we have no choice as we have no cooker hood to extract cooking fumes we have to open the back door for a bit when cooking also we have to open the shower room or bathroom window after someone has had a shower as the condensation does not clear at all as we have no extractor fans in the wet room or bathroom,

Is it ok to ask if you are in a house 2/3/4 bed or a apartment how long you have been in there how much has you bill been, Can you take a meter reading now then tell us tomorrow how much units of electricity you have used,
    thank you, i will have a go,

we are at the point where we dont know where to go next with this, Today when a nibe guy came round he had a go at us because our bedroom window is constantly open (my partner and i have asthma and find leaving the window open helps) so we asked about the summer months and he said dont open the windows thats the biggest mistake people make is opening their windows? my partner said well brick the windows up then!!! and when the last nibe guy came round i asked him if having our bedroom window made a difference to having heat and hot water and he said no! so confused and stressed! we really dont want to move as we are in the ideal place at the moment and i love the house!

sorry for rambling needed to let it out! thanks again for your reply
  • minxyjinx79
    Options
    ra200 wrote: »
    Regarding opening windows I was told by Nibe not to open windows and doors unnecessarily which is obvious as it is a exhaust air to water heat pump but we have no choice as we have no cooker hood to extract cooking fumes we have to open the back door for a bit when cooking also we have to open the shower room or bathroom window after someone has had a shower as the condensation does not clear at all as we have no extractor fans in the wet room or bathroom,

Is it ok to ask if you are in a house 2/3/4 bed or a apartment how long you have been in there how much has you bill been, Can you take a meter reading now then tell us tomorrow how much units of electricity you have used,

Hiya, yeah i will take a reading when i get back home, i am currently printing off as much info as i can at my fathers.

We are in a 3 bedroom property which is actually quite big, it has 3 floors, although it is quite big my sister in law lives in a bigger 5 bedroom house and her bills are over half of ours. I could totally understand if we were getting what we pay for, as in hot water, we dont ever have enough for a bath so its showers all round and my partner has had several operations on his ankles and finds it difficult to stand, thank you so much for your help, we are going to sweat it out this week and keep the windows in our room closed just to see if there is any difference atall.

sorry.... i appear to be rambling again...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure