VERY Cheap glasses and specs - made to order.

Options

Comments

• smartie1976
    smartie1976 Posts: 1,984 Forumite
    Options
    Is there a way to search by "brand" on goggles4u?
    It's BOUGHT (to Buy), not BROUGHT (to bring) AND you cannot be frauded, only DEfrauded.

Please do not buy animals from a pet store. Visit your local sanctuary or centre and give a good home to an unloved or abandoned animal.
  • cack
    cack Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    rizla01 wrote:
    https://www.spex4less.com will always get my vote.

I was going to ask if anyone had any feedback on spex4less.

The other website I was just looking at was selectspecs.com. Their prices seem good, but I can't find any reviews on the web (searching only brings up a load of advertising links to them on other sites). Has anyone had any experience of them?

I notice they offer a 5% discount for cheque or bank transfer (presumably becuase they save on card charges).

I'd be interested in any comments on either of these sites.
  • brinky_2
    brinky_2 Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    Bought several pairs from spex4less (as has my father). Every pair had been perfect and the service faultless. Also received a free antireflection coating on each pair. Fast (7 day ) delivery too. You can telephone 08001691734 and speak to Mark (owner/optician) if you have any questions.

I have had problems with 2 companies mentioned on this forum. Im me if you want more details.
  • mjenn5
    mjenn5 Posts: 556 Forumite
    Options
    Well I have just ordered a second pair from goggles4U and have received my 15% refund as a loyalty reward.

That makes the glasses around £12.00 not bad (tinted aswell)

Much easier paying by Paypal also and I wish more companies would allow that.
    Its better to be late in this life than early in the next one.

Slow down speed kills.
  • Leeds_Fan_2
    Options
    Have bought 2 pairs from Iris Spectacles. Excellent service. Just need your prescription and you pupil distance (I would be wary of anyone who made specs without this measure). I also went to their London store and they made my first pair while I waited (took about 20 mins). They only dop designer frames but they are nearly half high street prices. They don't discount the frames (apparently they are not allowed) but the lenses are included and are high index lenses. I order some sunglasses on line a couple opf weeks later and got them next day. Very impressed. Link below.

http://www.iris-spectacles.co.uk/
  • MINCER_2
    MINCER_2 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    Just tried to order some specs at goggles4U but couldn't find any option to go for a high index/thinner lens.
    It says on the home page that they do high index.

Anybody ordered thin lenses from them and if so, how?
    All the World is a Stage; and I'm going through a difficult one at the moment!
  • purplepatch
    purplepatch Posts: 2,534 Forumite
    Options
    MINCER wrote:
    Just tried to order some specs at goggles4U but couldn't find any option to go for a high index/thinner lens.
    It says on the home page that they do high index.

Anybody ordered thin lenses from them and if so, how?

They do the thinner lenses as standard.

Although be aware that this is the lowest grade of "high index" and there isn't the option to pay extra to get thinner still. Think they said it was 1.56, but email them to check.

I'm -5.5 ish and I'd say that the lenses are a tad thick for my prescription, but as I usually wear contacts and the glasses are just for back up and wearing at home, I'm more than happy with them for £15. I do think though if I wore specs full time, I'd be tempted to buy from another source and spend extra to get ultra thin lenses.
  • rizla01
    rizla01 Posts: 7,256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just recieved my specs from goggles4u and noted that the lenses were like bottle tops.

I emailed them back and the reply was an apology for the thickness but this is due to my prescription but as I am not happy with them they will refund the money.

Can't be fairer than that!

I will now be sending them to spex4less to be reglazed with thinner lenses. Cost will then be £15.00 for a pair of semi-rimless glasses. BARGAIN!!!
    "Unhappiness is not knowing what we want, and killing ourselves to get it."
    Post Count: 4,111 Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,111 Posts (Actual figures as they once were))
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
  • mjenn5
    mjenn5 Posts: 556 Forumite
    Options
    Well I received my second pair of glasses from goggles4u about 2 weeks ago and the first time I put them on one of the legs snapped off.

I emailed them about this and they sent out replacement pair straight away.

Fairly happy with them but I will be waiting to see if they last before I make another order.
    Its better to be late in this life than early in the next one.

Slow down speed kills.
  • purplepatch
    purplepatch Posts: 2,534 Forumite
    Options
    rizla01 wrote:
    I just recieved my specs from goggles4u and noted that the lenses were like bottle tops.

I emailed them back and the reply was an apology for the thickness but this is due to my prescription but as I am not happy with them they will refund the money.

Can't be fairer than that!

I will now be sending them to spex4less to be reglazed with thinner lenses. Cost will then be £15.00 for a pair of semi-rimless glasses. BARGAIN!!!

rizla - what is your prescription? Just wondering whether it's worth doing the same with the pair I recently ordered from them as really like the frames but would prefer slightly thinner lenses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure