🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

VERY Cheap glasses and specs - made to order.

Options

Comments

• Happyroly
    Happyroly Posts: 588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yoghurt wrote:
    Mine arrived yesterday and I have mixed feelings:

QUOTE]
    Many thanks for promised feedback. Still haven't made up my mind but, like you say, £14 very good for a spare pair.
    Happyroly
  • yoghurt
    yoghurt Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    No problem Happyroly

My goggles4u specs are now in the glove compartment

Am going to look at alternative sights for 'thinner' lenses

CHeers
  • mjenn5
    mjenn5 Posts: 556 Forumite
    Options
    :(
    Still waiting for mine. Thought they should have been here about a week ago.

The web site page has said shipped since the day after I purchased them.

:(
    Its better to be late in this life than early in the next one.

Slow down speed kills.
  • deebee
    deebee Posts: 511 Forumite
    Options
    Same for me mjenn5, still watching for the postie!!!
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Burlesque_Babe Posts: 17,547 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    my optical4less ones arrived on Saturday - arrived, no problems, were only shipped last Monday. They were the 1.9 extra thin lenses (due to me being blind as a bat!) and were in a hard case, then packaged in a box. £110 rather than £400 from Vision Express! Not 100% that the frame is perfect for me, but as I only wear them for a minute or so at each end of the day when I haven't got my contact lenses in, they will do fine!
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • pre9pms
    pre9pms Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Did everyone who 's received their glasses pay for the DHL courier service?

I ordered two pairs on the 18th Sept, but didn't pay the extra for DHL. They were dispatched on the 19th, but still nothings arrived.
  • purplepatch
    purplepatch Posts: 2,534 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't pay for DHL and mine arrived 8 days after ordering. But I was one of the first to order.

I suspect they've had an influx of MSE orders and are struggling to cope with demand. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened once a company has had a plug on here.

In fact I think the same thing happened with Glasses Direct (the company this thread was about originally),
  • clayts
    clayts Posts: 699 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    My goggles4u specs turned up on Friday and spot on superb they are indeed :)

V. impressed - will definitely use again :)
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all. Can anyone tell me if they have received any glasses from glassesdirect.co.uk? I have just received my pair and I'm not impressed at all. I know they only cost £25 but they don't look like they are worth even that,and they look like a totally different shape to the picture on the web page.

I'm thinking about ringing them up and asking them that if I send them back will I get a refund. Has anyone had to do this and were you sucessful in getting your money back?

Thanks
  • indiegirl_2
    indiegirl_2 Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whilst we're on this subject, can I add another site for people to look at?

A friend of mine works for an optical company based in Aberdeen and has set up their website which has gone live this week.

As she's a mate, I have to plug it, but I'll also add that I've previously ordered glasses from her and can report that the quality is very good.

If you try them out, let me know how you find them and I'll report back to her.

Whilst it's a new site, the company behind it is very big (so I'm told), and supply opticians in the Aberdeen areas.

Anyway, enough waffle: the website:

https://www.myspecs.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills