Iphone 4 didnt meet expectations

Options

Comments

• Bowling_4_Gold
    Options
    Nostromo wrote: »
    Ah but can you get Angry Birds yet :rotfl:

lol naa, but I can get Doodle Jump :D
    The quickest way to become a millionaire is start off as a billionaire and go into the airline business.
    Richard Branson
  • borderline
    Options
    I was really considering returning my Iphone but after a week I've got used to it and the text conversation, it's not that bad after all I guess...
    what it bothers me is that when I go back to the messages, goes back to where i was last. I'd rather it went to the main messages screen.
    The lack of proper bluetooth is still the major letdown
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    borderline wrote: »
    I was really considering returning my Iphone but after a week I've got used to it and the text conversation, it's not that bad after all I guess...
    what it bothers me is that when I go back to the messages, goes back to where i was last. I'd rather it went to the main messages screen.
    The lack of proper bluetooth is still the major letdown

Should have got a Nokia N8! It does all those things mentioned in the OP!:p It still has a few bugs, but in general it works fine.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • jamesey07
    jamesey07 Posts: 271 Forumite
    Options
    iPhone 4 is the best phone in the world. You need to ask yourself how many times are you really gonna need to use Bluetooth? There are many other ways to send whatever it is you want to send.
    Also the message thing you talk about is much better than the way a less quality phone has there inbox,
    I personally love my iPhone 4, it's by far the best phone I've ever owned and I've had plenty over the years. I love listening to all the jealous seetheres though running down the iPhone at every possible chance :-)
  • sheraz2
    sheraz2 Posts: 1,637 Forumite
    Options
    Got the I4 and have to say as a phone it is crap, it lacks the basics found in most phones. liked the text conversations but even they lack a timestamp on every message and that became annoying.

have it JBd and now is running almost as good as a phone should be.

first smartphone and from now on it will always be a smartphone and most likley an iphone. Have to say it has the best interface, played with a few android phones since.
    God made man, man made money, money made man mad
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options
    jamesey07 wrote: »
    iPhone 4 is the best phone in the world. You need to ask yourself how many times are you really gonna need to use Bluetooth? There are many other ways to send whatever it is you want to send.
    Also the message thing you talk about is much better than the way a less quality phone has there inbox,
    I personally love my iPhone 4, it's by far the best phone I've ever owned and I've had plenty over the years. I love listening to all the jealous seetheres though running down the iPhone at every possible chance :-)

Just for info I am in no way jealous. I have tried an iphone but it is not the device for me, I much prefer the flexibility of my Android device.

The iphone is a good phone, with limitations, as all phones have. It is simply not the be all and end all of phone design and usability that Mr Jobs would like people to believe.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sheraz2 wrote: »
    Got the I4 and have to say as a phone it is crap, it lacks the basics found in most phones. liked the text conversations but even they lack a timestamp on every message and that became annoying.

If you have now jail broken have a look in Cydia for an app called "iPhone delivery", as well as doing delivery reports it also offers time stamps on messages. (you touch the message and a blue box with date and time pops up).
    ====
  • sheraz2
    sheraz2 Posts: 1,637 Forumite
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    If you have now jail broken have a look in Cydia for an app called "iPhone delivery", as well as doing delivery reports it also offers time stamps on messages. (you touch the message and a blue box with date and time pops up).

i didnt like that my messages wouldnt display right i use markthatmessage now coupled with bitsms 5 and it is wonderful.

also use kuaidial and thats a great app aswell also its free.
    God made man, man made money, money made man mad
  • borderline
    Options
    sheraz2 wrote: »
    liked the text conversations but even they lack a timestamp on every message and that became annoying.

what do you mean lack of timestamp? all messages say the time and date when received
  • robt_2
    robt_2 Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    borderline wrote: »
    what do you mean lack of timestamp? all messages say the time and date when received

They don't.

The start of a conversation does, you can then have an exchange of messages without a timestamp. If you leave it for a bit, it is a new conversation which is timestamped again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure