Iphone 4 didnt meet expectations

Options

Comments

• borderline
    Options

If you like the apps and all that then it's better to buy an Ipod Touch instead.

I agree !!:T
  • gaztop_3
    gaztop_3 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    borderline wrote: »
    If you like the apps and all that then it's better to buy an Ipod Touch instead.

I agree !!:T

Or an Android phone as the marketplace has most of the iPhone apps and you don't have to hack the phone to get normal fuctionality!
  • Wintermute
    Options
    SexyBack wrote: »
    Abbafan1972 im not 100% on this but im sure there are apps on the app store to enable the bluetooth?

Im sure someone in the know will correct me otherwise
    I may be wrong, but I think you need to jail break it to do this.
    gaztop wrote: »
    Or an Android phone as the marketplace has most of the iPhone apps and you don't have to hack the phone to get normal fuctionality!

+1 on that. I've played with every generation of iPhone and there's so many much better phones out there that aren't locked into what Apple & the network providers want. The only thing I'll ever own with an Apple on it is the iPod Classic simply because you can't beat it when it comes down to cost vs storage.
  • Wickedkitten
    Wickedkitten Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well hubby had an Iphone 3G for a while and decided he didn't like it so passed it onto me. Within the hour I decided I didn't like it.

So apple still haven't made the bluetooth compatible with other phones? I didn't like the way the text messages were arranged as well and the fact I couldn't send a text message onto a number of people at the same time.

It's a nightmare to put your own ringtones on as well. I wasn't too impressed with the shocking battery life as well (don't know if this has been rectified in the iPhone 4).

I have a Sony Ericsson now which is more than adequate for my needs.

Personally I have an ipod touch and an HTC Desire
    It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
  • gaztop_3
    gaztop_3 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Wintermute wrote: »
    The only thing I'll ever own with an Apple on it is the iPod Classic simply because you can't beat it when it comes down to cost vs storage.

I couldn't agree more. I've got an HTC Desire and a 120G iPod classic.
  • SexyBack
    SexyBack Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    That is true, my OH has a classic and in storage terms it wins hands down!
    Won through MSE: Iphone 3GS and 4s with Lucozade in Oct 2010
    Links Of London wrap Bracelet Nov 2010
    Need a new win!
    Mum of two girls
  • movilogo
    movilogo Posts: 3,186 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I love how the iPhone lists the messages in one conversation

It is possible with any smart phones as long as you download appropriate (free) apps to get this feature. I have a Symbian phone and though it is not built in I got an app to achieve this.

This does not justfy to buy an iPhone for this :)
    lots of lemmings have bought an iphone just because everyone else has got one
    :rotfl:

You gotta appreciate how Apple managed the clever marketing to create "desire" to have one among millions of lemmings. :D
    Happiness is buying an item and then not checking its price after a month to discover it was reduced further.
  • johnnyroper
    johnnyroper Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Options
    movilogo wrote: »

You gotta appreciate how Apple managed the clever marketing to create "desire" to have one among millions of lemmings. :D

Some people talk utter b0llox maybe the so called "lemmings" actually like the iPhone and purchased as it was suited to their needs?

In your world are HTC very clever at marketing aswell as there are a lot of "lemmings" who buy the desire?

I had no need to follow the masses I went to a phone shop and looked at what was available the iPhone was the best for me,in my opinion the HTC are ugly looking phones that does not mean everyone should think the same.
  • SexyBack
    SexyBack Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    n900 has conversation in built, as does Xperia (dunno about the recent xperias though)
    Won through MSE: Iphone 3GS and 4s with Lucozade in Oct 2010
    Links Of London wrap Bracelet Nov 2010
    Need a new win!
    Mum of two girls
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can you put your own message alert tone on the Iphone 4, or are you still stuck with the default ones?

Forgot to mention that in my last post.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £40,750.02
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport