Cheaper Oil for Fuel?

Options

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm impressed but puzzled to read that you can find heating oil for 24p per litre in North Dorset. I live in Somerset, near Bridgwater but the best price I can find is 44p per ltr +VAT. Can anyone suggest how I can halve my oil bills (or just reduce them)?

"£215 for 900 litres sounds good (23.9p/litre) did that include VAT?

North Dorset, Northover Fuels, 02/02/05, 1000 litres, 23.5p ex VAT "

2nd post page 1 !!!!!!
  • RichardHowells
    Options
    You did notice that post is five years old? 02-02-2005, 8:38 PM

I'm betting that price might not still be available.
  • G_M
    Options
    :rotfl:Errrrrr... yes. I did. :rotfl:

When I saw the question I guessed that might be his source.
  • RichardHowells
    Options
    Oops! I hadn't even noticed that you are not the OP! :rotfl:
  • oap
    oap Posts: 596 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, was waiting until our tank is almost empty, (NOW!) to get the one thousand litres in, on Oil price check page it is going up at alarming rates at the moment, 6p and 7p a day on 900 litres. Quite a lot higher than it was last week and the week before.
    Does anybody know why this is, surely it should be coming down now as spring is hopefully just around the corner.

We shall either freeze or go broke!!!

Regards
    oap
  • paceinternet
    Options
    previous posts suggested many reasons for price movements, but you can see from the links below, the Pound is weakening against the Dollar, and the price of crude is rising. Who knows where it will peak or go next?

This is money Brent Crude price graph:
    http://investing.thisismoney.co.uk/companyresearch/100815/Brent_Crude/company_charts.html
    This is money USD v GBP
    http://investing.thisismoney.co.uk/cgi-bin/digitalcorporate/thisismoney/fx_rates.cgi
  • w50nky
    w50nky Posts: 418 Forumite
    Options
    Just ordered 900 litres from fuelfighter.co.uk as was the cheapest I could find in my area. (north yorkshire) at 41.45p. Scary!
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you! :dance:
  • G_M
    Options
    oap wrote: »
    Hello, was waiting until our tank is almost empty, (NOW!) to get the one thousand litres in, on Oil price check page it is going up at alarming rates at the moment, 6p and 7p a day on 900 litres. Quite a lot higher than it was last week and the week before.
    Does anybody know why this is, surely it should be coming down now as spring is hopefully just around the corner.

We shall either freeze or go broke!!!

Regards
    oap

Maybe I'm going blind, but where on oil price check do you get the ppl?
    It only seems to quote for 500/900 litres and includes VAT (most companies quote without VAT) so comparison is hard.
  • oap
    oap Posts: 596 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry , I meant six pounds for 900 litres, not 6pence! (getting old!)
    Have you any idea whyit is going up so much at the moment?

Cheers, oap
  • Tunstallstoven
    Options
    Good thread this. Have only read the last couple of pages though......

Well, I'm hopefully moving into a new house soon which has oil heating and water. This will be a first for me. I've had a look at the oil pricecheck website and will keep a keen eye on it once I move. Are there any other comparison websites for oil? Or is not possible to have them because of the flexible nature of the costing (i.e. there is room for movement in the quotes, rather than it being a fixed price)?

Any other general tips about oil heating and how to get the best price would be great.

Cheers

Max
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport