Cheaper Oil for Fuel?

Options

Comments

• RichardHowells
    Options
    The claim that you can get 10,000 litres for the price of 1,000 is totally unbelievable.
  • noseyparkar
    Options
    I just got quoted £168 for 500 litres in NE at heatingoil.co.uk
  • The_Master
    Options
    Hi,
    i dont know why every is going on about boiler juice they are owened by crown oil and have consistantly been more expensive they take a big margin on your order to!
    any one got any v cheap suppliers???
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The claim that you can get 10,000 litres for the price of 1,000 is totally unbelievable.
    To be fair, although the post has gone now, they did say that they got 1000 L at the same price PPL as if they had bought 10000 L.
    It was however poorly written and I initially thought the same as you.

All of the persons posts have been removed as they all mentioned the website they were promoting.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • heatingoilnut
    Options
    I have started a blog about heating oil sites here:
    cheapest-heating-oil.com

Most of the online sites are not comparison sites, contrary to what Martin says, but are in fact owned by the oil companies themselves. For example:

OilSeeker.co.uk is owned by Brogan Fuels
    HeatingOil.co.uk is owned by Bayfords
    Directoil.co.uk is owned by Watson Petroleum

cheers

Chris
  • heatingoilnut
    Options
    Hi The Master

How do you know Boilerjuice is owned by Crown Oil ?

cheers

Chris
  • heatingoilnut
    Options
    Hi Mark

To be honest I thought Boilerjuice was independent - I was curious why The Master thought that they were not (2 posts above mine).

I'll be looking at some of the other sites shortly and reporting on my blog. Thanks for the heads up

Chris
  • tonerm
    tonerm Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 16 October 2009 at 11:52PM
    Options
    To heatingoilnut,

In your blog you state the “whois” details of a website but yet go out of your way to hide your own whois details. It would seem you have more to hide than they have.

You state that “most” price comparison sites are not independent and yet the headline of your blog is “are any…”.

I smell a rat. The choice of name for your website and blog is not accidental but a keyword rich seo motivated naming on an existing independent price comparison website (i.e. not owned or affiliated with any oil distributor)

I will not mention the name of the independent price comparison site I work for.
    Googling the title of your blog or the words in your domain name should find it first time.

I will simply ask you to declare if you have any relationship with any oil distributor and why you feel the need to go out of your way to use whois privacy protection.

If I am not convinced, I will contact the forum owners - and not for the first time.
  • hvd201
    hvd201 Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I have started a blog about heating oil sites here:
    cheapest-heating-oil.com

Most of the online sites are not comparison sites, contrary to what Martin says, but are in fact owned by the oil companies themselves. For example:

OilSeeker.co.uk is owned by Brogan Fuels
    HeatingOil.co.uk is owned by Bayfords
    Directoil.co.uk is owned by Watson Petroleum

cheers

Chris

Oilseeker.co.uk is cheaper than Boiler Juice, is it definitely an ok website and firm? Thanks.
  • oap
    oap Posts: 596 Forumite
    Options
    Has anybody bought any domestic oil in North Wale in the last week, would be interested to know how much 900 litres is, and whether it is going up or not, about four inches left in our tank, regardsoap ps I do ring around, but it is always helpful to know what the going rate is on a broader area. Ta
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback