PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• Lilium
    Lilium Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Mines off, though tested it a few weeks ago. Mornings definitely colder and need a jacket on the school run but it's still been warm here once the sun gets high enough. Have been opening most of the doors and windows in the afternoons as it's been too hot in the house. Hoping that continues for a few more weeks at least.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Still off here :j however I am sitting here with a hot water bottle as it is quite cool of an evening.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • mrs_motivated
    Options
    Still off here, although it did feel a little chilly this morning... at least the boiler is serviced and ready to go when the time comes.
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • dawn_rose
    Options
    still off here, had all the windows open as just finished the last of the glossing, woohoo. defo cooler this morning though my have to dig out a coat for the school run tomorrow.
    Jan 2015 GC £267/£260
    Feb 2015 GC /£260
  • Lilyplonk
    Lilyplonk Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    edited 22 September 2014 at 4:29PM
    Options
    Still off here - lovely day - windows are wide open. Washing is on the line billowing in breeze and sunshine.

DID need my fleecey dressing gown this morning - but only because my cotton one is in the laundry basket ;).

We still have the windows 'on the snip' all night - love to be breathing in fresh air at night-time.
  • Muser1
    Muser1 Posts: 795 Forumite
    Options
    Love this thread! Ours is firmly off and I can't even remember the last time it was on. Dried loads of washing on the line today and DS has been painting in the garden so the back door has been open. I'm trying to make it until at least the 15th October before we give in.
    Mortgage Jan 13 99260.00 87253 April 2017
    Emergency fund 700.00
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yesterday was beautiful, sunny and warm, and today looks like it will be the same so will continue cleaning the patio, albeit the lazy way with diluted bleach and Stardrops, but it works miracles! Loving this Indian Summer we were promised :)
  • bellaquidsin
    Options
    No heating on here yet but it is cold in our north facing lounge. Only 17deg at the moment. I have put the fire on a couple of times, usually for visitors, can't make them wrap up in blankets.

Bella.
    A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Heating is off and hoping to stay that way for as long as possible, not only from financial point of view but I hate a stuffy house, which I always feel even when it's regulated.
    We've had the wood burner on once or twice but mostly because I like it!
    Washing is no longer drying outside tho :( so it's on the airer inside but still taking a long time.
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • poorly_scammo
    Options
    I've had the wood burner on a few times this month. It's not cold enough yet for heating and I don't like the stuffiness that it creates.

It is getting colder in the mornings though so OH will no doubt want it on soon.
    4.30: conduct pigeon orchestra...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport