PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Off but socks and cardi have been the order of the day again. Looking forward to an Indian Summer. I hope :)
    115K Posts: 2,678 Forumite
    Options
    HOWMUCH wrote: »
    I hope everyone who can has taken advantage of the free cavity wall and loft insulation that the government is offering for free. My daughter has this year and you can tell the difference in her house already, so hope she has a warmer winter and smaller bills. Heating off but it is forecast to get warmer next week.

I haven't really noticed that much difference in the bills but my house is much warmer after the insulation, everyone should take advantage of that if they can.:)
    HOUSE MOVE FUND £16,000/ £19,000
    DECLUTTERING 2015 439 ITEMS
    “Don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose.”
  • calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Off, and I would like it to stay off until October if I can. I don't have a dryer though, so drying clothes may be a pain and take for ever unless we get a good September.

I think I will be fine due to my internal thermostat being broken at the moment and having the onesies etc, it's wet clothes that are a pain.

I might put clothes in conservatory and blast the fan heater for a while to see if that works rather than having the heating on, but not sure if that would be more expensive.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • bargainbetty
    bargainbetty Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I almost gave in and put the heating on for a bit on Monday. I eventually put a pair of socks and a jumper on instead, which covered it. I have to admit, it's cold at work today, but that isn't on my bill, so I might treat myself to a burst of heat here.

Am lucky enough to have a small tumble dryer that dries things quickly, so I might be able to get away with no heat until October, unless it gets very cold very quickly!
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps....
    LB moment - March 2006. DFD - 1 June 2012!!! DEBT FREE!

May grocery challenge £45.61/£120
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sparrer wrote: »
    Off but socks and cardi have been the order of the day again. Looking forward to an Indian Summer. I hope :)

Just seen a forecast promising sunshine and mid 20s temp, cross fingers!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • mrsr
    mrsr Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Caterina wrote: »
    Just seen a forecast promising sunshine and mid 20s temp, cross fingers

Sounds good, I do hope so.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    22c here, windows and doors open to let the heat in :D
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's off but I have put my winter quilt on the bed as I hate being cold in the night.

Winter pyjamas will be coming out next and later on the bed socks!!

Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's starting to get cold here at night-wish I had a feather duvet...love snuggling up in one. I have the same issue with cold/wet weather that a previous poster-I don't have a tumble dryer so it's outside/on radiators or on what I use the most in wet weather-a ceiling dryer that I brought over from Poland 3 years ago.It gets a full load on to dry and sheets and duvet covers fit nicely too.

http://www.regmar.pl/pl/p/Suszarka-lazienkowa-scienna-sufitowa-UNIX-GIMI/100

Like this but mine was a lot cheaper costing me the equivalent of £10. It's great as once the washing is on it's all out of the way. I'm actually tempted to get another one for the kitchen as it's always so warm in there.

My house is odd in that the middle and top floor especially are always hot but the living room is icy cold, probably due to the fact that there are 2 patio doors(leading out onto the same small garden-quite why they thought this was a good idea I don't know) and a half bay window which is draughty.

I want to keep the heating off as long as I possibly can this year but if it's very wet I won't get clothes dry in time(me and 5 kids plus bedding and towels). I am considering buying a tumble dryer to be used for towels and sheets and jeans only as the other things aren't so bad, rather than heat the whole house.
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • ArtDecoGirly
    Options
    Mine went on briefly a few weeks ago when we had a cold spell, but that was only because DS was cold, I've washed his Snuggie so he can put that over him next time but so far I haven't really been feeling the cold. Most days and evenings I'm sitting round in sleeveless summer dresses with bare arms and legs! Refusing to give up on summer just yet... still clinging on!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback