PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Had my morning cuppa in the garden this morning, have only just closed the garden door. Bedroom windows open and will stay open all night :)
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Same here sparrer, bedroom windows open, summer duvets still on. I am sat this evening having discarded the top layer and kicked off my slippers. Heck it's weird to have the candles on without a lap blanket!

Saving £'s in the account to help ease the cost later on. :)
  • Lilyplonk
    Lilyplonk Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    Options
    Still got summer duvets on beds.

Living room and Bedroom windows still open all day/evening/night.

Kitchen and Bathroom windows still open all day/evening - closed at night.

This morning I had my Annual Gas Service checks done - all is well for the coming winter months.

No chance of the C/H going on before 1st November.

If it gets cold before then, the Gas Fire in the Living Room can go on for about 10-15mins - with the door closed - just to get the room warmed up a fraction.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    Off.

It went on a bit on low, but I've just unpacked the summer cooling fans again ...
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mine is off as well at the moment I try to keep it off as long as I can(seems to make the winter shorter :):):))
    mind you I only put it on as and when required anyway for an hour at a time .I have such good insulation in my house that its rarely very cold.I had a new electric fire fitted in my sitting room almost two years ago as a quick blast if needed, and have only used it twice since then.I usually stick an extra woolie on if its a bit nippy, or my knitted wool blankie over my knees in the evening :):):)
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Still off here. I'm sat at the open kitchen door having my first cup of tea of the day. I'm making the most of the weather and aiming to get some gardening done over the weekend.

Polly
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • tessasmum
    Options
    Haven't had ours on yet. Have booked a chimney sweep for the 24th to get the woodburner checked over and ready for winter, so thoughts are beginning to turn to keeping warm. Have got 2 loads of wood stacked in the shed, and an oil tank almost full [bought the other week when oil was somewhere close to 48p/l] so I am sure that will keep us going through this winter. Determined to keep costs to a minimum through the use of snuggly blankets, hot water bottles, and thick quilts on the beds, and the wearing of jumpers too. Just me and DD15 left in a 4 bed house so got to economise as usual.
    December GC: £350
  • Heating is off here. Had it on a couple of weeks ago during a cold spell,DD had a bath and the house needed warming a little.
    I'm really hoping i can keep it off until at least Oct. DD and i will survive with slippers,dressing gowns,hot water bottles and fleece blankets for as long as possible
  • nannygladys
    Options
    Mines still off although I did turn it on to test it. Seems quite warm here unless I'm getting use to the more autumn weather, but like others it will stay off as long as possible and blankets, onesies etc will be used.
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - nothing as yet 
  • mrs_motivated
    Options
    Mine is still off and the back door is open...is still lovely weather here and I'm making the most of it washing cushion covers and living room curtains and getting them line dried while I can.
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family