Consumer Rights: MSE Article discussion (DO NOT ASK CONSUMER QUESTIONS HERE)

Options

Comments

• Were_Doomed
    Options
    Are block capitals in the thread title invisible?
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can anyone clarify here my rights please?
    I purchased a shower enclosure direct from the manufacturer. Delivery was later than stated and got no reply from emails chasing, and they never answered the phone. Anyhow shower enclosure turned up yesterday.. in 3 seperate boxes so all good.
     Today I opened 2 boxes (1 with 1 x side of enclosure, and 1 x with fittings)
    Became apparent that side screen was faulty (glass not aligned in the seal correctly meaning screw holes not aligned, also scratched).
    Tried all day to get through on phones but no answer, so sent an email stating item is faulty, attaching photos of the fault, and requesting they collect it and refund me. Don't want replacement part as loss confidence in their service.
    Paid via paypal. 
    Question is - 
    1. Am I entitled to a refund and not a replacement. Order was 7th Oct - delivered 15th Oct.
    2. Is it reasonable to ask for them to collect it? 2 x of these boxes are very heavy and a large size, so would cost a lot for me to return it. 
    Thank you 
    LOL It appears it is not just Newbies that cannot read the BIG capital letters at the top of the pages? :s
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hasbeen said:
    Can anyone clarify here my rights please?
    I purchased a shower enclosure direct from the manufacturer. Delivery was later than stated and got no reply from emails chasing, and they never answered the phone. Anyhow shower enclosure turned up yesterday.. in 3 seperate boxes so all good.
     Today I opened 2 boxes (1 with 1 x side of enclosure, and 1 x with fittings)
    Became apparent that side screen was faulty (glass not aligned in the seal correctly meaning screw holes not aligned, also scratched).
    Tried all day to get through on phones but no answer, so sent an email stating item is faulty, attaching photos of the fault, and requesting they collect it and refund me. Don't want replacement part as loss confidence in their service.
    Paid via paypal. 
    Question is - 
    1. Am I entitled to a refund and not a replacement. Order was 7th Oct - delivered 15th Oct.
    2. Is it reasonable to ask for them to collect it? 2 x of these boxes are very heavy and a large size, so would cost a lot for me to return it. 
    Thank you 
    LOL It appears it is not just Newbies that cannot read the BIG capital letters at the top of the pages? :s
    Apologies, been a stressful day. 
    Deleted post and created my own thread.
  • Jamcat
    Options
    I would like to know where I stand in getting my money back from Wickes.  I made a big online purchase from Wickes on 18th August 2020 and paid via PayPal.  Some items arrived directly from Wickes straight away and some other bits from their suppliers but the most important part of my order was being supplied by their supplier for an order of 4 guttering items: 2 x fascia boards, gutter joint and pins. I was told the supplier would be in touch, but the items never arrived and no supplier called me within the delivery timeframe given.  I chased this issue not once but many times which became a weekly routine via Wickes Chat, twitter account, email and via phone calls.  I have raised over 4 complaints and requested if they could give me the name of the supplier so I can personally chase but they said they was not allowed to.  I later found out that the name of the supplier was Eurocell.  

It got to a stage where this was really stressing me out, as my old guttering was beginning to leak and the builder that I had booked to install the guttering was no longer available which was really upsetting as I had explained to Wickes that I am a carer for my mum and the guttering was required for where my mother lives in our property.  I contacted Wickes again and they said the supplier would contact me by 26th October but this never happened.

I cancelled my order on the 4th November 2020 as I felt had been patient long enough and had found another company to purchase the guttering from, which delivered the next day.

Wickes informed me that it would take 14 days from 11th November for the supplier to confirm the items was not sent  and for payment to be returned.  Within a few days, I got a refund for £4.39 the total of my missing items is £88.68.  When I contacted Wickes  they confirmed there is two suppliers and that one of them has refunded that item from their store, but the other supplier would follow shortly.  This never happened and I was unaware there was two suppliers involved.  I have chased again and have been told that they are still awaiting for Eurocell to confirm the items have not been dispatched.

As confirmed to Wickes again, I never received the items hence why I have chased and complained so many times to the stage I have cancelled the order and made another one elsewhere.  But Wickes have stated until they get confirmation they are unable to issue me my refund.  They said they would contact me on 3rd December but this never happened and I have sent them another message today.

Please can you advise what I can do next as I so fed up with this issue and just want this closed and my money back?

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Read thread title and make a new thread on the board.

Consumer Rights: MSE Article discussion (DO NOT ASK CONSUMER QUESTIONS HERE)

• jicms
    jicms Posts: 482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't really understand "Consumer Rights: MSE Article discussion (DO NOT ASK CONSUMER QUESTIONS HERE)" so please let me know if I shouldn't be posting here.

I have a complaint with a bathroom fitting purchased in 2013 (under the 
    Sale of Goods Act 1979). The manufacturer has fobbed me off saying it's water damaged and therefore not covered by their 10 year guarantee. The cupboard is nowhere near water. Do I still revert to the plumbing outlet I purchased even though it's 7 years ago? 
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Which bit of DO NOT ASK CONSUMER QUESTIONS HERE don't you understand? It means do not ask questions in this thread. You need to start a new thread on the Consumer Rights board.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes you dont post in the thread but make a new post .
    SOGA  expired  against Vendor .
    10 year guarantee is not SOGA nor Consumer Rights and subject to any terms the manufacturer wants /
    Most warranty's do not cover damage .
  • jicms
    jicms Posts: 482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    waamo said:
    Which bit of DO NOT ASK CONSUMER QUESTIONS HERE don't you understand? It means do not ask questions in this thread. You need to start a new thread on the Consumer Rights board.
    There's no need to be rude.  It seems many others also don't understand.  What is this forum "Consumer Rights: MSE Article Discussion" actually for? 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 January 2021 at 4:10PM
    Options
    jicms said:
    What is this forum "Consumer Rights: MSE Article Discussion" actually for? 
    @jicms, perhaps a quick read of the opening post on this very thread will answer that.

Here it is again...
    Former_MSE_Alana said:
    Please click reply to discuss the Consumer Rights guides

This discussion thread is for comments on and discussion of the MSE guide linked to here. It's NOT for general questions. If you have general questions please start a new thread on the Consumer Rights Board

Part two: How to complain

Can you perhaps suggest how that can be made clearer?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback