PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More exciting mince recipes

Comments

• Liz19
    Liz19 Posts: 673
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks cha97michelle, that sounds yummy!
  • Glad,that sounds like the Keema Curry I make, but i always add diced potatoes as well.i don't put nuts in mine though :eek: Dd allergic.

The stromboli/breakfast bread ideas are really adaptable and v.popular with my little Thriftlings.I put bacon,cheese and tomato in mineThe choc version is good too.

Another thing I do with mince is to cook it in a tomatoey bolognese type-sauce.then layer it in a casserole with sliced potatoes and cheese.Deliciuos ;)
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,857
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Senior Ambassador
    It is a sort of Keema
    it's just so handy as most of the ingredients are store cupboard basics :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MrsB_2
    MrsB_2 Posts: 659 Forumite
    I use Costco mince to make HM beefburgers.

I put mince in processor with a tin of chickpeas or lentils (either works well), some salt, pepper, ground cumin, and ground corriander. Blitz until all well chopped and mixed in, shape into burgers and cook. Yum!! I've also made them without the chickpeas / lentils, which are just as yum, but the addition of them makes the meat go further. You wont need to add egg or breadcrumbs or anything else to make these bind, you just need to blitz them well and they'll be fine.

I serve them with HM potato wedges and beans, or in buns, or with mash, or oven chips. Very versatile, very quick, and very filling and tasty!!
    I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are – Milton Berle
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,857
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Senior Ambassador
    I also use it to make meatballs and serve with a tomato sauce and pasta :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • smokey112
    smokey112 Posts: 541
    First Post
    Forumite
    We make a dish we call Marsetti (sp)

mince
    onion
    mushroom
    oxo or bovril cube
    tin condensed tom soup
    tin condensed chicken soup
    cheese
    pasta

Brown mince and onion - drain any fat
    Add some water and oxo cube, add mushrooms
    cook for 30 -40 mins till water is absorbed
    put on pasta to cook
    add tins of soup - stir
    add cheese
    add cooked pasta - stir and serve

Ang
    x
    BCSC NO 40
  • Noozan
    Noozan Posts: 1,058
    First Post
    Forumite
    Glad, I tried your spicy mince recipe for tea tonight, DH and I both really enjoyed it. I've been asked to make up a job lot for the freezer :D I made up a lasagne for tomorrow with some of the leftover mince mixture (added lots more chilli and a splash of tabasco on each layer...) and froze a portion for another day too. Thanks!!!
    I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....
  • Noozan
    Noozan Posts: 1,058
    First Post
    Forumite
    I sometimes make a sweet and sour type mince concoction...

Brown mince and onion. Add diced carrot and celery and cook for 3 mins. Add a good squeeze of ketchup, glug of white wine vinegar and glug of water, tsp sugar. Simmer for 8 to 10 mins. Beat an egg and add to mince mixture in a slow trickle whilst stirring briskly. Serve with rice.

I sometimes add diced tofu to this too.
    I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....
  • ellas9602
    ellas9602 Posts: 721 Forumite
    hello :hello:

I've looked in the index and can't find a thread for mince recipes, just beef dishes.

I bought two 500g packs of lean minced beef from Asda and was amazed with, a little careful planning, the amount of food I produced from the first pack. One spag bol to feed 3 one chilli to feed 3 and 4 burgers for the feezer!

Now the other pack needs cooking up tommorow (it's been frozen) and I'm looking to cook something a little different with it. Also, could I freeze the cooked meals?:confused:

Thanks!
  • oops_a_daisy
    oops_a_daisy Posts: 2,460
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    fry off with onions and then cook with a tin of Heinz Mulligatawnay soup serve with veggies. The soup makes it taste lovely :)
    :cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport