IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel Parking Services - "Parking Charge Notice" - Peel Centre - Stockport

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 30 June 2010 at 7:03PM
    Options
    Oooooh noooo, you paid Excel! That makes me really mad, they ripped you off! :mad:

You could always issue your own threatogram to Excel to tell them you're taking them to small claims to get your money back. :D

A solicitor did get parking charge notice monies back in Court only last month but it's something that would take time and effort, taking photos of the signage and putting your case to a judge. I'm sure you'd win if you put your case correctly of course, as PPC tickets are unenforceable.

BTW you don't need to keep your fingers crossed. Nothing happens, PPCs almost never 'do' Court, they just threaten people and frighten them into paying like you paid Excel.

Have a look at the simple pictogram links already given in our 'PPC letters/threats, what to expect' thread at the top of the forum board here, they will tell you what happens next, before it happens:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

And did you watch the Watchdog youtube link given earlier on above? Their legal guy made it clear what to do with private parking tickets.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • gemmyw
    gemmyw Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Thank for your help guys.
    I have had a particularly nasty letter today threatening baliffs and court and listing the fees for solicitor and court costs BUT I am not giving up...If they take me to court I will make an example of them!!

It is very worrying but I am trying to forget about it. I will let you all know what happens ;/
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    gemmyw wrote: »
    I have had a particularly nasty letter today threatening baliffs and court and listing the fees for solicitor and court costs BUT I am not giving up...If they take me to court I will make an example of them!!

It is very worrying but I am trying to forget about it. I will let you all know what happens ;/

Of course they have got that completely the wrong way round. Although this will never happen, it's court then bailiffs. But their case is so week it will never get that far.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options

We know what happens and can show you pictures of the letters - you'll get a series of standard threatograms. I already gave a link above to the whole board, but I'll repeat it again:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Your letter is not doubt shown on the first sticky thread 'PPC letters/threats, what to expect'. Have a close look and see what will come next (look for your letter series even if listed under a different company).

Whichever debt collector writes to you we already have the letters shown as a preview on that thread. Read the letters now and then laugh when the predictable matching set arrives.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,657 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As it happens, I know Stockport and the Peel centre car park very well.

It is very clear to anyone who cares to see,that it is indeed a pay/display car park. There are signs,pay machines and an office which is usually staffed. In addition,its a very large street level carv park which often has people patrolling and checking tickets. In addition,the minimum charge for parking is some trivial amount,40p for 2 hours seems to ring a bell but i can check if its important.

I tend not to park there at weekends as its too busy. Instead, i park at the nearby Mega Tesco store and walk the five minutes or so round the corner. Parking in the mega tesco is allowed free of charge upto 3 hours as that was part of the agreement when the stores was built in that they had to provide free public parking.

Not that it matters, but i dont agree that visitors to Peel centre should have to pay to park since mostly,they are there to shop at all the stores. Having said that,the amount to pay is trivial anyway.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • gemmyw
    gemmyw Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I have had all the above letters. Do you think I will get any more letters or will that be it?
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    Was there a free parking clause in the permission for the Peel Centre ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I have had all the above letters. Do you think I will get any more letters or will that be it?

That should be it, if you've had all the letters shown on a letter-chain then that's what other people's experience has been. :)

If you get any more or any phone calls (unusual but not unheard of) then of course ignore those as well.
  • frannkidee
    Options
    Also, why do these stores allow these cowboys to operate this way. I spent £80 though it could cost me another £60 - £100! Its definitely put me off going there ahain.[/QUOTE]

HOW CAN YOU CALL THEM COWBOYS, THEY OWN THIS LAND AND YOU WENT AND PARKED ON THERE EXPECTING NOT TO PAY??????

I LIVE DOWN THE ROAD FROM THE PEEL CENTRE,AND VISIT 3/4 TIMES A WEEK, THERE ARE MASSIVE SIGNS ON THE WAY IN AN SIGNS ALL OVER THE JOINT, WITH BRIGHT BLUE MACHINES WITH MASSIVE ARROWS ABOVE THEM, THERE ARE EVEN SIGNS RIGHT OUTSIDE ARGOS ITSELF SO HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU DIDNT SEE THEM???

AT THE END OF THE DAY IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILTY BEING THE DRIVER OF YOUR CAR TO DOUBLE CHECK WHEN PARKING OUTSIDE SHOPS ETC!!!! TELL ME WHERE YOU LIVE ILL COME AND PARK ON YOUR DRIVEWAY FOR FREE AND ILL IGNORE YOU, YOU WONT LIKE IT AND THEY WIL PURSUE YOU FOR THE AMOUNT, HOW DO YOU THINK THEY MADE 926 MILLION LAST YEAR..

THEY ARE NOT COWBOYS, THEY OWN THAT LAND!!! AND TO SIT THERE AND SAY OH, IM GOING TO IGNORE THEM AFTER YOU MADE THE MISTAKE IS FOOL HARDY!
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    The tickets are not enforceable in law, so therefore the charge is a penalty far above what they would have got should someone else had parked there, also as he was a paying customer in their shop they have lost nothing except this person's custom now ! Also as they made so much money as you stated, why do they contract cowboys to harass their customers? If people paid these cowboys they would have less to spend, so its self defeating ! So tell me how long you been working for excel or another ppc ?
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure