IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel Parking Services - "Parking Charge Notice" - Peel Centre - Stockport

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Teatrip One thread - One case or it gets confusing knowing which advice is for which case. Please start your own thread. Press the big blue New Thread button at the top of the page.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Teatrip wrote: »
    Have received a parking charge notice even though I purchased a ticket and displayed this on the dash. Their tickets are'nt adhesive. I was gobsmacked. No photographic evidence provided other than a photo showing the car entering and exiting within the paid for parking time. I'm furious. I am very careful to always check that the ticket is clearly displayed as I once had a parking ticket fall from the windscreen onto the floor of the car in a local authority car park and was issued with a penalty notice which was left on the car. No notice was left on the car so this is like a bolt out of the blue. Does anyone know what the current situation is regarding ignoring the notice? :mad::mad::mad:

This thread relates to a ticket issued in 2010 - you are a bit late !
  • Nutella123
    Options
    Last October I received a letter stating I owed money to Excel parking, for parking at the Peel Hall car park in Stockport in June. They said this was the second notice they had sent to me and I had ignored their first one. I never received any communication from them prior to October this year. I read various advice on line and decided to ignore it. The thing is I actually did pay. I pulled into a disabled space and displayed my blue badge, went into Argos for about 10 mins, not realising I needed to pay,then moved the car to outside another shop. It was then I realised that I needed to pay for parking, so I paid for the minimum time, which I think was 30 mins. I literally walked into the next shop, spoke to a member of staff who said they didn't have what I wanted, so I left, got in my car and drove away. I was in the car park for less than the 30 minutes I paid for, so don't believe I owe them anything anyway.

Today I have received a letter from Rossendale collections telling me I now owe £136 as they have added on an admin fee. I don't know what to do now. Any advice?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Nutella123 wrote: »
    I don't know what to do now. Any advice?

Start your own thread? You will not get help in THIS thread - as this is an advice forum rather than a discussion one, we ask people to have their own threads so that advice does not get confused.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nutella123 wrote: »
    Any advice?

Stop posting on totally outdated pre-POFA threads - Start your own!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure