Comments

• zoezoe_3
    zoezoe_3 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    are there any other phones ?
  • illmonkey
    illmonkey Posts: 677 Forumite
    Options
    most contracts you can cancel stright away. you just pay the 12 months.
  • kizziedog
    kizziedog Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    zoezoe wrote:
    are there any other phones ?

Just go to the boots mobile phones website, select 3 networks and you can see which phones have the 12 months, £25 contract.
  • georgiac
    georgiac Posts: 1,183 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    samgoffe wrote:
    most contracts you can cancel stright away. you just pay the 12 months.

I'm useless at remebering to cancel contracts. Does this mean I can just pay the £300 up front? Cancel and use the phone for 12 months?

Thanks
    georgiac
  • vickym
    vickym Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    at the end of the contract is the phone yours to keep or do you have to give it back - Sorry I am a newbie to mobile phone contracts
    Remember is nice to be important but more important to be nice

• illmonkey
    illmonkey Posts: 677 Forumite
    Options
    georgiac wrote:
    I'm useless at remebering to cancel contracts. Does this mean I can just pay the £300 up front? Cancel and use the phone for 12 months?

Thanks
    georgiac
    Yea. Well, it works like that with O2 and Voda.

I've had contracts, got a new one (for what ever reason) then just phoned up and paid the balance in full over the phone (for a 6 month term).

I seem to remember still getting statments for the remainder of the contract saying i owe £25, but then it deducting £25 as "advanced payment".

But they might not do that any more.
  • zoezoe_3
    zoezoe_3 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    kizziedog wrote:
    Just go to the boots mobile phones website, select 3 networks and you can see which phones have the 12 months, £25 contract.

takes ages to go through each phone. I found oune that was not on 3 with a "5 contract 12 months and I think 32000 points but cant find it now !!

zOe
  • grahamfromoldham
    Options
    Be wary...we got a phone and fully understood the points situation. Within about 10 days of taking out the contract, you get 1000 points and the remainder of the points 7 months after you took your contract out. This is the key to remember though...at 7 months, it is up to YOU to contact them to obtain your points, they are NOT added automatically. Also, you have 28 days to claim the points, so say after 8 months of the contract being taken out and you have forgotten to claim the points, you've lost out. On a brighter note though, we got our phone and remembered to claim our points after 7 months and we got them a week after us contacting them.
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How long would it take to spend £370 in Boots !!
  • kizziedog
    kizziedog Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    zoezoe wrote:
    takes ages to go through each phone. I found oune that was not on 3 with a "5 contract 12 months and I think 32000 points but cant find it now !!

zOe

Yes - does take time.

But if you ONLY look at phones in the 3 network, don't go below 37,000 points (they are in order), and look for a £25 12-month contract then it doesn't take much time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure