Boots Mobile

Options

Comments

• daisymae_3
    Options
    Thank you DCLane for your information re the offer at Boots.com.dextra.co.uk. I have looked into this and got a brilliant offer from Orange with a Samsung D600e phone on their Racoon 30 for 18 months. I get 150 anytime landline minutes/free voicemail/UNLIMITED free calls to your magic number/free traffic TV for 3 months/320 cross network minutes/75 free texts per month and all this for £30 per month.

In addition you get the 1000 advantage points following receipt of your mobile phone and 35,000 thousand points, then on receipt of your 7th invoice YOU have to make the claim for the advantage points.

I found it best to print out the 'Contract Phones Terms and Conditions' - hopefully I won't forget - you pay the penalty of loosing these points if you fail to register/claim them on the 7th invoice!!! Have reminders everywhere!!

I have been asked - 'where's the catch' - so far have not come across one, and having hit a problem whilst trying to give them my details, rang them up and the gentleman kindly took my order over the phone and confirmed I would get all the above.

Again many thanks.
  • skaterboy
    Options
    Hi, are Boots/Dextra losing the plot?

With all the mutterings on the forum I phoned Dextra, about my Motarola V3 on the Voda anytime 200 1/2 price line rental etc , they stated that they were expecting a new supply of V3s on Monday the 4th, and my phone would be delivered on Tuesday 5th.

On Tuesday I had a phone call from Dextra saying they wanted to confirm my credit card details. Once confirmed they said the phone, would be delivered on Wednesday 6th.

Nothing was deliverd on Wednesday, so I gave Dextra a call today,they came back with the story that Voda were reviewing their tarrifs, and they were reviewing the points they were offering, and would let me and the other 700 customers today if the tarrif I required was available.

What are they up to? Trying to get out of an agreement I would say
  • albalad
    albalad Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    now i'm not one for threatening legal action but............

like other people here , i ordered the v3 on 30th august at around 1pm .
    Expected phone to be delivered by thurs/fri , when it did not arrive on friday(1st august) i phoned them , to be told it was out of stock and would be coming back into stock monday (delivered tuesday maybe wednesday).
    needless to say wednesday came and went - no delivery.
    today after 3 phone calls (me to them) have now been told , this deal is no longer available ,excuse given was that it took longer than expected to do the credit checks and by that time vodaphone changed the deal ! then trying to palm me off with the L6 and only 29000 adv points :eek: :eek: (no 3 mths half price line rental either)

I'm absolutely fizzing by this companies lack of customer care - 8 days later and I've not had one phone call or email from them to keep me informed / up to date.
    I've asked them not to cancel my order until i can decide what to do .

is there anything i can do ? what are there liabilities after we've placed an order?

Rant over
    "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."
    happy travels !!
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    albalad
  • carol9uk
    Options
    hi, i too ordered the v3 , they sent me the l6 and said i would get the same deal as the v3. not keen on the phone through
  • bigjvj
    bigjvj Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    After reading the weekly email i also ordered a V3 Vodaphone 200 mins with 3 months half price line rental. A week later after still not recieved either the phone or any communication from these 'Dextra' people i ring them up to see whats happening....

Turns out they have changed their tariffs! I told them straight away i wasn't interested in any other deal and therefore they could cancel my order. Seems to me they are trying to shut the door after the horse has bolted!! Talk about shifting the goal posts!

I'm absolutely livid :mad: ! For TWO reasons....firstly i didn't get the offer and make the money on it; and secondly i've now got an extra credit check against my name which is now needless! (the more checks you have in a short period, the lower your rating gets-they get suspicious!) I was thinking about changing my bank and joining TalkTalk soon, but now i think i will have to put it off for a bit.

My advice = steer clear of DEXTRA!!! They're unscrupulous!!
  • carol9uk
    carol9uk Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    i've read with interest the posts entered after mine regarding dextra sending my girlfriend an L6 instead of the V3 ordered. i would like to add the following:

we made several phone calls to dextra CS and were told we had definately ordered the L6 despite our insistance to the contrary. the problem with their answer is that i work with computers and know a bit about the internet and web pages so i know that links do not always work. i.e. have you ever visited a website to find pictures missing or click on a link and it either doesn't work or it does something other than expected? so i don't know how they can be so definate it wasn't their mistake.

second, we have asked them for proof that we did order the wrong phone but they have not provided proof. i'ts a daft situation to be in as they have provided no proof whatsoever - not even in the original order confirmation?! i now believe this ommission could be because they were out of stock of the V3 and had sent us the L6 in hopes of keeping the sale. when what would have been infinately is for them to have notified us the V3 was not instock and asked us for an alternative choice of phone.

third. the laws regarding purchase of goods especailly distance selling are for the protection of the consumer first and foremost. and as far as i understand it, the principle is we have basic rights which can be added to but not be detracted from by the seller. and so if an order is taken and accepted on certain terms they have to be honoured or at least an equivilent alternative be offered. anyone who had an order confirmed for the V3 on the terms offered (before that offer was taken off the website) has a right to expect that phone on those terms. i personally will be contacting trading standards and i urge anyone else (even if you have sent the phone back) to do the same, also refering to this thread as clearly this is evidence that dextra may not be acting within the law.

the way i see it, there are too many phone companies out there trying to rip people off. and whilst i don't claim dextra to be one of these, they do not appear to be acting above board with their customers. after all contract is a contract.

i don't suppose anyone printed off any of the details relating to the V3 offer?

ric d
  • albalad
    albalad Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Options
    carol9uk wrote:
    i don't suppose anyone printed off any of the details relating to the V3 offer?

ric d

no , but on my order acknowledgment it clearly says

1 x Motorola V3.
    1 x Promotion 35,000 adcard points.
    1 x Vodafone Anytime 200 - 3 months 1/2 Price (12 Months) at £30.00 per
    month.
    "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."
    happy travels !!
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    albalad
  • stonsey
    Options
    Has anyone had difficulties actually getting their new phone? I ordered mine on 5th September so should have received it on the 7th. I telephoned them on the 8th to see where it was and the best answer I could get when asking about delivery was 'it will be sometime next week'! I emailed on the 8th to raise a formal complaint and asking a customer services manager to ring me and heard absolutly nothing. Ive just telephoned today (13th) and been told the credit cheques are still being carried out ( I have an excellent credit record) and when I asked to speak to a customer services manager I was first told they were unavailable, then that they were very busy (Im not surprised!) and finally that they would ring back before 6.00pm ..........we shall see!
    As you can probably tell Im a teensy bit annoyed about this (!!!) and if it weren't for the fab deal would be telling them, very politely of course(!) where to stuff their phone!!!
  • tonythetiger_2
    Options
    so i assume there are not any deals worth doing with boots anymore????
  • kizziedog
    kizziedog Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    Boots Mobile phones are again being offered on the 3 network with a higher valoue of Advantage points than the minimum contract term.

For an example see http://www.bootsphones.com/incentiveDetails.aspx?ret=0&pc=5&tc=13&np=12&p=3089&i=1958618&pkg=240-255P01429919&st=0&offset=0&hp=0&rt=0&categoryquantity=0&gb=0&t=1969

Thus for 12 months payments at £25 - total £300, you get 37,000 advantage points worth £370. Obviously you have to cancel the contract at month 12.

1,000 points are given on purchase and 36,000 points after (I think) 5 months. MAKE SURE that you claim the 36,000 points at the correct time as you have 1 month in which to claim. If you claim late I believe that you would lose the points.

If you are sure that you will track the terms corectly, this is a great offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure