Boots Mobile

Options

Comments

• DCLane
    DCLane Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    x3ja wrote:
    My wife did this about 9 months ago, and we duly got 36,000 points for her Boots Advantage card after we faxed the 7th bill off. Now we have to spend them! We're down to about £280 worth now, but it's slow spending!

You've only spent £80 worth?

I gave my wife the card with £360 worth on it and said "go spend".

She got through the £360 in about 2 weeks, after which I simply said "no more until next year" :D
  • SusanCarter
    Options
    Personally, anything I would buy in Boots, I could get so much cheaper elsewhere that £360 worth of points would give me less than £315 worth of stuff.
  • lazy&indebt
    Options
    Can't work out if it is worth it for me - I'm a texter, usually 500 txts and 100 minutes per month. Info doesn't make sense either, says on boots website that Dolphin 35 (£35 per month) gets you 250 mins and 250 txts but on orange website, Dolphin 35 gets you 250 minutes and 750 txts?
    Was debt free... then went travelling!
  • bookshifter
    Options
    As usual the only decent cashback offers are with oldish phones!

The Sony Z530i offers the best choice of deals that I can find. Anyone else spot any other phones that offers 'complete' cashback, (V3 aside)?

I guess anyone getting their contract now will be too late to join the Xmas sales frenzy with their Advantage points.

Can you use advantage points to pay for prescription medicines? Or against the boots instore opticians? Do points expire? I am really clueless about Advantage points!

If I go down this route I would probably use the money to buy sandwiches etc for lunch when at work.

I think Orange online deals done direct thru their website offer better deals eg Dolphin 35 gives you 50 mins more per month online compared to an Orange High St store. Also you'll miss out on the 'free' broadband offer (afaik) if you buy via Boots. Therefore I think for the Boots offer it is pretty much the Voda Anytime 200 12 month contract that everyone will (have to) go for!!
  • RDA
    RDA Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know if the Vodafone 'Stop the Clock' facility operates on a phone on the Anytime 200 tariff when bought through Boots ?
  • DCLane
    DCLane Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    It works on an 18-month contract only I think.
  • mrsw
    mrsw Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Does the Vodaphone Anytime 200 tariff include calls to landline phones or just other mobile networks?
  • ely
    ely Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Does the 6.5% cashback through Quidco work as well or am I being to greedy ????
    I work for TUI Group of Companies. My companies ATOL/ABTA numbers are 2524 / D5299. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it but Atol numbers can be checked on the Civil Aviation Authority website. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • peterd92
    Options
    Anyone know if the phone would only work with a Vodaphone SIM or could I swap it after the 12 month contract is over, effectively ending up with a free phone?
  • denise38
    Options
    I did this last year and had £280 of points to spend.
    It would have been a struggle but Boots in Dundee were and are downgrading their department with digital cameras, PS2, X Box to just cameras and I managed to get 2 ipod's and a pink gameboy advance.
    Was thinking about it again this year but felt I would struggle to spend the points other than on a camera . So I opted for a deal through CPW and quidco points.
    However as I have been waiting for delivery for 2 days & if it is not here by 10 am tomorrow I will be cancelling and opting for Boots.
    Citylink just can't be bothered to deliver they think they might deliver between 8 and 12 tomorrow. Fine but I won't be in. CPW not in the least concerned so I am going to look for something elsewhere if this is the level of customer service before I even get the phone.!!
    I have never met a calorie yet I didn't like!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure