Boots Mobile

Options

Comments

• FunkyFeet
    FunkyFeet Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    Options
    Is it me or was the Boots website just updated and the V3 deal gone!

i know look at the time, but i just got in and thot id check out whats new, saw this gr8 post (well done David,gr8 post) thot id but the v3 deal, saw it there 5 mins ago now been reduced to 23,000 pts and not the 36,000 pts! is it me, my eyes or did it reli happen, sum1 confirm plssssss!!!!
    :eek:FunkyFeet:eek:
    Elite 5:2 #19
  • dinglebert
    dinglebert Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    no its not you. All their decent deals have just evaporated. Nothing left thats free at all that I can see. I had the thing in on checkout but the system crashed.
  • FunkyFeet
    FunkyFeet Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    Options
    thnx for confirming, thot id gone mad there for a min and Sorry to hear dinglebert u actually managed to get to chekout n it crashed! oh well:(
    :eek:FunkyFeet:eek:
    Elite 5:2 #19
  • DCLane
    DCLane Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry - looks like the offers have been changed for September.

End of offer - but this only appeared towards the end of last month (it was previously at 23,000 points) so I'd keep checking if you're interested.

Otherwise there'll be other offers elsewhere.

David
  • dinglebert
    dinglebert Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DCLane wrote:
    Sorry - looks like the offers have been changed for September.

End of offer - but this only appeared towards the end of last month (it was previously at 23,000 points) so I'd keep checking if you're interested.

Otherwise there'll be other offers elsewhere.

David

Trouble is the offers are few and far between at present. I also managed to miss the v3 offer on mobileshop (although that may be a bonus) There are a couple on phones2u but their reviews are bad here so I'm waiting not much much baited breath to see is carphone will price match
  • wosnick
    Options
    Hi 1st post for me. Thanks to the site I ordered a v3 on the 31st. Everything went through with no problem and was expecting the phone to be delivered sometime today...... nothing! Contacted them and they said sorry phone not in stock and anyway the charges have changed so you can't have the deal!! Not a happy bunny and all they said was they are covered under the distance selling act and the contract does not start until the phone is delivered.
    Has anyone come across this before. I have my confirmation email with oreder details. Can I do anything about this?
  • skaterboy
    Options
    Hi,

I also have a V3 on order. when I called Boots/Dextra on Friday they said they were out of stock, but were expecting more in today (Monday) and they would dispatched my phone to me on Tusday.

The customer services person seemed to say all this without looking up any of my details, so I guess I may not be receiving my shinny new phone after all.

People have told me that there are some red glass boxes around that can be used to make phone calls from, guess I better see what involved here!
  • ric964
    Options
    my girlfriend placed an order for the above V3 offer before the offer changed but when the phone arrived it was an L6. so she emailed them and they said she had definately ordered the L6. of course as the offer is no longer on that webpage she cannot prove this and the email confirmation did not state any of the important details such as the 3 months 1/2 price line rental, boots points and not even the model of phone. they are adamant we did not order the V3. i don't suppose anyone printed off or saved the webpage that contains the V3 offer for last month and could email it to us or can offer advice on how to resolve this? we are usually very careful about details when it comes to buying on the internet (especially offers) but this time we were a bit causal... it being boots an all...

ric
  • cheapomum
    Options
    I ordered this V3 offer for my Husband on 30th August. The phone still hasn't arrived so I called them only to be told that the phone is out of stock and that offer is no longer on so they don't have to honour it any more. Said I would speak to Trading standards about this and they said that under the distance selling act they don't have to honour any contracts you think you have made with them. Of course I cancelled the contract as I'd only ordered it for the points. Seems like they think that you will accept whatever they decide to give you and not what they actually advertise. Doesn't seem right to me, can anyone help ?
  • daisymae_3
    Options
    Thank you DCLane for your information re mobile phones from boots.com/dextra.co.uk I was up for a new phone and chose their Samsung D600e and what an offer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure