🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

iPhone '4' thread

Options

Comments

• Jonty71
    Jonty71 Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    INT1 wrote: »
    Yeah, The "Death Grip" was hyped up loads in the media.

Don't forget to order your free case from Apple. You download an App to do it.

Had the iP4 for a week now, no problems yet with death grip. Thanks for the heads-up on the Apple app for the bumper/case. I have ordered a case for mine via that app.
  • sparkzs
    sparkzs Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Nice choice of bumpers, least its not just 1 type

Anyone on Orange with there phone? every time i select voice mail i cant listen to it unless i select speaker, i cant hear it through the handset
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i just been offered a wildfire for free i still think i should save up for the iphone 4-hmm hows everyone getting on with it?
    What goes around-comes around
  • lonestarfan
    lonestarfan Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is anyone having any luck buying an iphone4 from their local Tesco phone store as they are still out of stock if you ring the Tesco mobile 0800 number. They said they will take my phone number and phone me when stock is back in but how long is that going to be? Its been over a few weeks already. So I thought I might try my luck at a Tesco store (which is 16 miles away) but wondered if this is just as bad.
  • Oscar_The_Grouch
    Options
    For anyone interested, Apple are running their usual September press event today. It's expected that they will announce a new iPod Touch and a smaller iPad, but I expect there will also be news on the white iPhone 4 and an update on the free bumper offer that's due to end this month.

MacVideo are running a live stream of the event which is due to take place at 6pm (UK Summer Time - BST) but I'm not sure what the quality is likely to be (clicky).
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
  • *Vikki*
    *Vikki* Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Options
    Well I gave up with crappy TESCO and ordered mine from APPLE and going to go on the sim only 12 month contract with 02. My iphone 4 should be arriving from APPLE today! Hope its good, looking forward to using it!

p.s will mine arrive with a free bumper, if not how do i claim a free one?
  • Exhortation
    Options
    You have to download an app from the app store for the free bumper.

Have fun with your new toy.
    If I've helped you please show your appreciation by using the "Thanks" button
    > :T
  • Oscar_The_Grouch
    Options
    *Vikki* wrote: »
    p.s will mine arrive with a free bumper, if not how do i claim a free one?

Hi Vikki

The bumper or case is ordered by downloading an app in itunes. Type "iPhone4 case" into the "search store" in iTunes and the free app will be the first one listed. You then use this to order a case or bumper.

By the way; you may want to look at the offers from Three on their sim only contracts to see whether they can beat O2.
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
  • Oscar_The_Grouch
    Options
    Steve Jobs has announced the release of iOS 4.1, which is to fix the following issues:

Proximity sensor on iPhone 4
    Performance issues on iPhone 3G
    Bluetooth Bugs

It also includes:

HD video uploading over wifi
    High Dynamic Range (HDR) photo support
    HDR photo selection for iPhone 4
  • lonestarfan
    lonestarfan Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My new iphone 4 will not let me do face time on the wireless network. I have checked in settings - the Wi-Fi is ON, the choose network has a tick by it, I have entered the password. However next to the signal bars and the word orange is the words 3g. There is no set of 3 waves next to the word orange. This makes me think it is not on the wi fi. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with my network or settings as I really would like to try face time. Many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport