Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    And while I'm ranting, you want a FREEZER not a FREZZER and that cage you are looking for? Its going to be a rarity as there is no such animal as a HAMPSTER

I often think of offering a dictionary.

I still like and use freecycle/freegle.Before offering stuff I regularly offer it to charity shops/friends etc.After this items would be heading for the tip so anything is better than landfill.
    I often think freecycle/freegle would be better named without the free part in its title.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ohhhh a classic:
    I'm looking for a apple mac computer any age will do thank you

I have a cox's and an old raincoat you can have ;)
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Honestly, how upset and nasty can two people get .. over a DVD ?

I've had emails from each person over past two days .. "he said, she said" petty type ones, both reporting each other for bad behaviour etc and this is despite me advising the first person to source the dvd from elsewhere and not to contact the other person as it was obviously upsetting her too much.

Told them both to move on and forget about dealing with each other from now on .. and told them to grow up as well as I felt like I was in the middle of a primary schoolground with a couple of kids.

(I'm a Freeshare mod, for my sins)
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This today
    i need table+chairs for xmas also looking for a dolls house and furniture

Well for starters its June
  • lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    Options
    Grr i need a vent about my freecycle i posted an offer early today for a wooden playhouse which i could have easily sold if i hadn't wanted in gone asap.
    I put measurements in the posting, how you would need a van, how i wanted people to say when they could collect when replying as the earliest will get first refusal on it as i was desperate for it to be out of the way today pref or tomorrow morn at the latest.

I had 3 replies, one wanted to know if they could get it in their car :mad:
    1 other wasn't sure if they could fit it in their people carrier (go measure then grrr)
    1 other replied they'd like it for their kids but didn't say when they could collect so i replied simply 'when are you able to collect' I didn't offer it to them but they then assumed it was theirs and told me they would collect it tomorrow night!
    I then replied ok thanks for letting me know your second in line as the people carrier lady can make it today.
    She later sent me a stroppy email 'i thought you had offered it to me hence your reply 'when can you collect!!!!!!'

With all those explanation marks i thought what a bl00dy cheek i'm offering something nice for free and i'm getting all this grief before this she could have had it if the 1st had been a no show but not anymore with that sort of reply.

I made it quite clear first able to collect can have it as i get sick of people telling me they can come next week etc when you say they can have something.

Cheeky so and so has had stuff off us before too makes me wonder what she does with it, won't be getting anything off me again.
  • thepedestrian
    thepedestrian Posts: 997 Forumite
    edited 5 June 2010 at 10:34PM
    Options
    Grr i need a vent about my freecycle i posted an offer early today for a wooden playhouse which i could have easily sold if i hadn't wanted in gone asap.
    I put measurements in the posting, how you would need a van, how i wanted people to say when they could collect when replying as the earliest will get first refusal on it as i was desperate for it to be out of the way today pref or tomorrow morn at the latest.

I had 3 replies, one wanted to know if they could get it in their car :mad:
    1 other wasn't sure if they could fit it in their people carrier (go measure then grrr)
    1 other replied they'd like it for their kids but didn't say when they could collect so i replied simply 'when are you able to collect' I didn't offer it to them but they then assumed it was theirs and told me they would collect it tomorrow night!
    I then replied ok thanks for letting me know your second in line as the people carrier lady can make it today.
    She later sent me a stroppy email 'i thought you had offered it to me hence your reply 'when can you collect!!!!!!'

With all those explanation marks i thought what a bl00dy cheek i'm offering something nice for free and i'm getting all this grief before this she could have had it if the 1st had been a no show but not anymore with that sort of reply.

I made it quite clear first able to collect can have it as i get sick of people telling me they can come next week etc when you say they can have something.

Cheeky so and so has had stuff off us before too makes me wonder what she does with it, won't be getting anything off me again.

some people !! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: nuts to em !!
    As Martin says - please be nice - there is no such thing as a stupid question ! ;)
  • thepedestrian
    thepedestrian Posts: 997 Forumite
    edited 5 June 2010 at 10:56PM
    Options
    actually heard a funny story the other day along the lines of a man advertising on Freegle that he was giving away a 50" plasma flat screen tv as he was moving abroad and needed it gone sharpish - he said that the first person to pick up from his house could have it , plus the blu ray player it came with

the address he gave was his EX best friends , who was now living with HIS wife !
    they live in a cul de sac and apparently it was like a scene from the movies - fleets of cars parked everywhere and people banging on their door and windows !

could be an new urban myth ? - ..............but they did deserve it ! :rotfl:
    As Martin says - please be nice - there is no such thing as a stupid question ! ;)
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    WANTED: 6 leather dining chairs PR7‏

Any colour fine as they are to be covered for a wedding, must be the modern high back type.

!!!
  • thepedestrian
    Options
    just posted on our freegle

need alot of kitchen items please :
    *dinng table
    *micrwave
    *fridge freezer
    *dryer and washing machine
    *cooker and oven
    *dishwasher
    *vacuum cleaner

I know this big list but I really need this item and I can collect anywher and I don't mind about colour or size or condition must be working so would really appreciate if someone has anythanks to spare please email me. thanks

now where did I put that spare dishwasher ??!
  • lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    Options
    What makes me laugh is she keeps replying to me and argueing that shes right and i'm wrong, how people don't reply to her requests. I said perhaps its because when they take the time to do so they get a rude reply! playhouse is long gone now though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure