Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• begley
    begley Posts: 294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On my Freegle yesterday: ''Wanted, gas BBQ with bottle, can you make sure there's gas in the bottle please as we have people coming round for a BBQ so this is urgent.'' To make matters worse they ended their 'urgent' plea with "Lol, thanx"!! Why on earth would you invite people round for a barbie, and not actually have a BBQ??! Crazy!
  • thepedestrian
    thepedestrian Posts: 997 Forumite
    edited 26 May 2010 at 10:23AM
    Options
    I would have took a bottle round then stayed - for a round !
    As Martin says - please be nice - there is no such thing as a stupid question ! ;)
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    We are after a Sat Nav, as we are visiting friends over the school hols, and we have not got the foggiest where to go, lol.

Secondly, any garden toys, namely an 8ft Trampoline with enclosure, in good nick, and maybe an hand delivering it, if not collapsible, as we only have a smallish car, lol.

• frivolous_fay
    frivolous_fay Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Slightly shocked to have NO responses to my latest Offer... in a week since posting:

3 items,

One decent quality bit of kitchen equipment
    One unused set of vacuum cleaner accessories, worth at least £15
    One niche bit of IT equipment.

I'd thought at least the first one would get some interest!
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    half a dozen Sat Navs wanted in our group in the last couple of days now, irony being they want them to take their kids out over the school holidays and post can collect "anytime, anywhere". I would assume then if they can cleverly find their way to collect these items finding the way to Chester Zoo etc isn't really a stretch is it ;)

Maybe nobody took their kids out before Sat Navs? Maybe atlas's have been banned now? curiouser and curiouser lol

And while I'm ranting, you want a FREEZER not a FREZZER and that cage you are looking for? Its going to be a rarity as there is no such animal as a HAMPSTER

/end rant
  • emerald_starcat
    emerald_starcat Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure what to make of this. Do they mean !!!!!! or rave?
    offered hardcore weston

hi we have got some hardcore up for grabs sorry but i cannot deliver it
    many thanks
    My daughters are my world
  • Hezzawithkids
    Hezzawithkids Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    Options
    On our one today:

Looking for spanish books for occupational therapy. Don't worry about condition as long as is legible :P Thanking you in advance.

Bit niche? good luck with that
    £2 Savers Club 2016 #21 £14/£250
    £2 Savers Club 2015 #8 £250£200 :j

Proud to be an OU graduate :j :j

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Someone has just asked for a sit on lawnmower on ours!
  • SEASHELL
    SEASHELL Posts: 337 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Someone asked for on Kenwood food processor on ours so they could teach their children how to bake. I did send a reply with the offer of a bowl and wooden spoon but so far they havn't taken me up on the offer :D
  • flippin36
    flippin36 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    Options
    My sister very generously offered a brand new blackberry mobile. She was given one through her business but already had one, couldn't be bothered to sell it. As you can imagine she got inundated with requests, she eventually chose a lady who had been a victim of theft and desperately needed a new phone. Can you believe this woman never turned up to collect it?! My sister even emailed to see if she wanted to rearrange collection but she never replied. I wonder if she thought there must be a catch and too good to be true?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure