Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• richardvc
    richardvc Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    cyberbob wrote: »
    No thats the reason I left our freecycle too many people taking the !!!!. Anything I have now gets sold, charity shop or dump

Me too !! Greedy, tight fisted chancers used to show up at the door taking advantage of other people's generosity.
    Thanks to MSE I cleared £37k of debt in five years and I was lucky enough to meet Martin to thank him personally.
  • lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    Options
    My expereince today has really put me off, i could have got a few bob for it aswell and saved myself some grief but then again the people that did take it were very nice and made a little girl happy.

I think i might just ebay stuff for 99p BIN with pick up only at least it is first come first served with the BIN button and i won't get people fighting over it!
  • longtermlurker_2
    Options
    I do really lke freecycle and have got rid of loads of stuff and received some great things too. The wanted ads are getting annoying though. At the moment about 50% are wanteds.:eek:

One recently (posted on a wednesday) said We are going camping at the weekend and everything is booked but we need some camping stuff, tent, beds, sleeping bags, cooking gear etc.

Nothing like planning in advance:rotfl:
    You learn to love to live
    You fight and you forgive
    You face the darkest night
    Just live before you die
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just posted an item on mine, a shed, reminded people as I always do that I only respond to polite requests, no please and your message gets dumped. So far I've had 4 responses, 3 with no manners.
    Am I expecting too much of people? I don't want to hear about their bad lives & why they deserve a free shed more than anyone else or to have grovelling messages. All I would like is, a simple please.
  • SallyForth_2
    SallyForth_2 Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    hermum wrote: »
    I've just posted an item on mine, a shed, reminded people as I always do that I only respond to polite requests, no please and your message gets dumped. So far I've had 4 responses, 3 with no manners.
    Am I expecting too much of people? I don't want to hear about their bad lives & why they deserve a free shed more than anyone else or to have grovelling messages. All I would like is, a simple please.

I am with you on this one, the trouble is though some peope won't consider a request unless a plausible explanation of why they should have the item is given. On our Freegle, one woman actually insists in her blurb that requesters explain what they want things for.
  • Lyndach
    Lyndach Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm getting fed up with freecycle too! I offered a old Computer screen 1 person gave me their address and said deliver it to them! and a second said they will take it and the tower as well and please reply quickly their kids are excited and waiting for a new computer!, I wasn't even advertising the tower!
    GC July: £0/£120
  • laurenjs88
    laurenjs88 Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Options
    I cant get over all this our freecycle isnt too bad, people ask for normal things really but there is one bloody women who does my head in! wants so much and gives the whole I'm a single mum on benefits with 3 "kidz", I cant get a job because I am an illiterate numpty who thinks the world owes me for spawing 3 little ASBO children & in return for my plasma TV and gold jewellery I will offer you a bunk bed with no top bunk, no ladder, no headboard & no slats!

And breathe...
    Had my amazing little girlie 08/12/2007 - 11 days late! 9lbs 3oz
    My second little girl entered the world 20/03/2010 - 11 days late! 8lbs 4oz
    Sea
    led pot challenge 4 - 332
    Make £11k in 2011 £0/£11000 - 0%
    And lots of other challenges!
  • emerald_starcat
    emerald_starcat Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    This is absolutely brilliant, just found it on the Wanted ads on my local freecycle:

wanted to get me to a funeral
    ok this is an odd but desperate request,i need to find anything and i mean anything that i can find to car boot, sell in any way in the next week to enable me to get half way across the country to my hubbys dads funeral and buy flowers, and get a suit to wear, im not asking for something for nothing im asking for things i can recycle to help myself, thankyou thankyou thankyou to anyone who can help
    My daughters are my world
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    that would have been deleted on our Freeshare groups
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can the lady (sorry I forgot your name) who collected
    lettuce plants and took the big green pot please return it
    as I need it to plant other stuff.

why give something away when you know you're going to need it 4 days later ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure