🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Options

Comments

• bettyB_2
    bettyB_2 Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Options
    jamtart6 wrote: »
    hi guys! Are white pasta, egg noodles and white rice free on extra easy?

Also what are the B's?

I am hoping to go on extra easy after my holiday but if I can stick to it vaguely whilst away (!) I will do. I have been doing weight watchers for years and am scared that eating all this free food will make me put loads of weight on, did anyone find that ?

Hi. I'm still fairly new to SW so not going to be able to be as helpful as the other guys on this forum - they are SW gurus!!

But I'm doing EE and all dried pasta, rice and noodles are free. Fresh egg pasta (and probably fresh 'straight to wok' noodles - i'm not sure) are synned though.

also with regards to your question about puttin on weight - I was on a restrictive calorie counting diet for years and was not too successfull. Now I'm eating twice as much as I used to but losing weight successfully! It probably depends on your own metabolism but there's something smart about this plan that means you can scoff pasta and meat every day without gaining weight, which i find incredible!! :D
    Betty B: The Eternal Procrastinator....
    Why Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Do Today? :A
  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks bettyB! This is what I am really worried about but I am a total carb junkie so it would be perfect for me. Am I right in thinking bread has syns in? I am going to join a meeting when I get back from my hols as I am sooo unhappy with the fact none of my clothes now fit me :( (they were all fine last year).

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• Pee
    Pee Posts: 3,826 Forumite
    Options
    Bread does have syns but you can have 2 wholemeal small slices as a HE.

I bought some straight to wok noodles BOGOF thinking they would be free... oh dear.

I have tried spinach dahl in the slow cooker today. I am always really lucky with the slow cooker, but I wonder if I might have pushed my luck this time. I have never cooked with dried beans before. I will get some baked beans so that if it is awful, I have a convenient alternative.

Last night I reheated a frozen home made curry whilst the jacket potato was cooking and it was pretty good if I say so myself. Boyfriend rathers butter and cheese with his potato. Of course that is delicious, but the veg curry was really just as nice, and much better for me.
  • lisa26_2
    lisa26_2 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Well after my disappointing WI and yukky pizza last night I'm back to being good today! I WILL lose 2lbs this week!! OH is already primed for a walk when I get home tonight and there'll be some cleaning and gardening to do to burn some calories too! I'm aiming to use a maximum of 5 syns per day this week to leave me some extra for when I go out with my friend on Friday. Here's the meal plan for today:

Brekkie - Banana & Porridge (HEA&B)
    Lunch - Salad (lettuce, cucumber, toms), fat free dressing, tinned mackeral in tom sauce (free I think but need to double check!), yogurt with mixed berries.
    Tea - Turkey lasagne, salad and either SW chips of jacket potato.
    Snacks - plum, nectarine, pineapple
    I'll probably have something else between finishing work and having tea but not sure what yet, possibly a pink and white wafer.
  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the info!! I can't eat much fruit and veg, do you think it will be difficult for me to follow the plan mainly sticking to carbs and proteins?

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• debtfreeatlonglast
    Options
    hi, hoping someone can answer this; am planning on making mousakka tomorrow but not sure i will like the sauce on top; would prefer something REALLY cheesey... am planning on using l/f cheese as a healthy extra but would i be better mixing it with quaark, l/f fromage frais or l/f yoghurt.. which would taste the best??... i prefer cheesey tastes to creamy or yoghurty tastes , also would they all bake ok in oven or are some better than others... many thanks in advance.
  • ebaybaby
    ebaybaby Posts: 873 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all, had a BAD few days, Tuesday I wasnt well so couldnt go to class and its been down-hill since, Ive totally gone off the rails and ate everything in sight :(
    Back on it today..............so far so good.

Quick question though, is hoummous free?

On the slimming world website it says it is but its not listed in free foods???
  • ebaybaby
    ebaybaby Posts: 873 Forumite
    Options
    hi, hoping someone can answer this; am planning on making mousakka tomorrow but not sure i will like the sauce on top; would prefer something REALLY cheesey... am planning on using l/f cheese as a healthy extra but would i be better mixing it with quaark, l/f fromage frais or l/f yoghurt.. which would taste the best??... i prefer cheesey tastes to creamy or yoghurty tastes , also would they all bake ok in oven or are some better than others... many thanks in advance.

Theres one on the SW website, they say for the white sauce:

For the white sauce
    250g fat free natural yogurt or quark
    2 large eggs
    168g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
  • Pee
    Pee Posts: 3,826 Forumite
    Options
    I would say quark is better than yoghurt for cooking, but it might just be that I haven't tried cooking with yoghurt enough. I think quark is a wonder food, and very cheesy - when there is other cheese in the recipe.

Hummous - i thought you could make syn free hummous but that the shop bought one is synned.
  • c_l_a_i_r_e
    c_l_a_i_r_e Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    Options
    jamtart6 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info!! I can't eat much fruit and veg, do you think it will be difficult for me to follow the plan mainly sticking to carbs and proteins?

This wouldn't be a problem if you were doing red and green day days, but with EE you have to ensure that 1/3 of your plate at mealtimes is superfree food (ie fuit & veg). I have always eaten lots of veg and not much fruit but I find that on SW I eat lots of fruit to keep me filled up so you might find you do the same? Also given that you like bread red and green days may suit you better as you get 2 HE choices on those days rather than the 1 on EE. But the good thing about SW is that you can mix and match your days so you can try them all to see what works out best for you and your weight loss. Good luck x
    :starmod:C'est la vie:starmod:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family