IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket from CMS UK Ltd

Options

Comments

• fil_cad
    fil_cad Posts: 834 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    IGNORE CMS they give up faster than other scammers
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • liverbird189
    Options
    Have I shot myself in the foot by ringing GW solicitors and saying I wasn't the driver but my son was? If they hv recorded the conversation as they state on their letter do they have a case? Despite the fact my son has appealed against the 'fine' as have his 3 colleagues who all parked up at the same time and have subsequently rec'd different 'fine' amounts (unlit car park 7pm with paymachine cordoned off...sounds familiar) He has rec'd an email to say his appeal details have been rec'd, but the charge keeps going up with every letter!!
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Options
    Not really. GW Solicitors is not a solicitors for a kick-off.

Where you are clearly going wrong is all this talk of "appeal". Do not waste time and effort talking to people who have no intention of listening to what you say.

The "appeal" system is a total sham, a mockery. The only thing you tell them by trying to use it, is that you have taken their FAKE ticket seriously. They think if they keep turning you down, you will pay.

None of these conmen are actually going to do anything. All they trade in is threats and hot air. They are as frightening as a mugger pointing a water pistol.

Just IGNORE them. They are nobodies who are trying to pretend they have some authority.

Stop e mailing, stop talking to them, stop taking any notice of the assorted toilet paper they send you. If "Graham White" (he isn't a solicitor, look, his address is the same as Roxburghe) is involved, it means that you are getting towards the end of the scam and soon they will give up.

They always give up. I should know, I have given the finger to over 80 of these fake, scam tickets.

When they give up there won't be any uncertainty about what you owe.

It will be £0.00, which in fact was all you ever owed. Make sure your son's friends/colleagues realise this too.
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 April 2012 at 12:08AM
    Options
    OK, not one of your better decisions, but "shot yourself in the foot"? No.

All you've done is provide them with information that they would have to pay £2.50 to the DVLA for, but that's another part of this national scandal.

They can now target their threatening letters on the driver, but these are still not worth the paper they're written on. Literally.

The legal bottom line is that these private companies can no more impose a legally enforcable fine or penalty than you or I can. Only local councils, the police and Transport for London can do so, and even then only for very specific things.

So, ignore and wait for them to stop throwing good money after bad.

Or, threaten to sue them and the car park owner (they are "jointly and severally liable") under Section 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. If the PPC (under the guise of Graham White) sends another letter, you could do it too. Actually, the car park owner is the real target. It might just make them wake up to what the PPC is doing in their name and terminate their contract.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    Graham White have a fat folder on them at the Solicitors Regulation Authority for sending out thousands of letters threatening court action when in actual fact they never ever initiate any court proceedings. There's a few reasons for this;

1. They haven't got a legal case at all. Their charges are clearly contract penalties which are unenforceable under civil law.
    2. They are not in fact solicitors, but a debt collection agency called Roxburghe's who are using Michael Sobell's status as a lawyer to issue letter threats to people pretending to be a firm of solicitors called Graham White. (Note that there is a REAL firm of solicitors called Graham White & Co. who have NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with these letters).
    3. They HAVE actually issued one set of court papers, amongst the thousands of threats - the paperwork was completed incorrectly and when the court asked for the corrections they failed to respond. Some solicitors, eh?
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 March 2014 at 12:32AM
    Options
    Have I shot myself in the foot by ringing GW solicitors and saying I wasn't the driver but my son was? If they hv recorded the conversation as they state on their letter do they have a case? Despite the fact my son has appealed against the 'fine' as have his 3 colleagues who all parked up at the same time and have subsequently rec'd different 'fine' amounts (unlit car park 7pm with paymachine cordoned off...sounds familiar) He has rec'd an email to say his appeal details have been rec'd, but the charge keeps going up with every letter!!

Of course the 'charge goes up' with every letter. But stop taking it so seriously, it's not a parking ticket, not a fine at all. It's a SCAM.

All you need do is give him and his colleagues this link to the whole forum and tell them to read some threads including the top 'sticky' one:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

This is an old old old thread.

If you are reading this after 2013 you are utterly wasting your time.

Please go to the current forum and learn about the current advice - see my signature which tells you where to click to find CURRENT advice!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Options
    Anyway, if you're from Liverpool, I would have thought you would be the first to recognise a scam when you saw one....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

(merely jesting....)
  • liverbird189
    Options
    Anyway, if you're from Liverpool, I would have thought you would be the first to recognise a scam when you saw one....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

(merely jesting....)

:p Yep....with a scouse sense of humour too ;)

Thanks for all the replies - I guess I need to take my sons advice and 'chill' (I've convinced myself there'll be bailiffs knocking the door down some time soon :()
  • angel_islington
    Options
    :p Yep....with a scouse sense of humour too ;)

Thanks for all the replies - I guess I need to take my sons advice and 'chill' (I've convinced myself there'll be bailiffs knocking the door down some time soon :()

There won't. There's more chance of Liverpool winning the League this season i.e none.

Bailiffs don't just turn up out of the blue, they are employed by the court. Have you been to court and lost against them and then not paid up? No, because that won't happen either. That's what would need to happen for bailiffs to turn up.

You only need a little bit of research to know that everything that these scammers say is a lie.
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    Options
    As you are under no obligation to pay anyway. It doesn't matter how much the charge goes up.The same advice applies, whatever level the charge has reached. Ignore, ignore, ignore.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family