IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket from CMS UK Ltd

Options

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If it was in a CMS-managed car park, it would not be a legit council ticket.

However, the Law changed on the first of this month, so if your ticket was issued then or after, you really need to start a new thread as the advice on this one is likely out of date.

However if the Ticket was Issued before the end of last month, all the previous advice on the thread is good. Just IGNORE the scamming jokers. :)
  • jblonde
    Options
    Hi all,

I received a parking notice from cms back in march whilst visiting my daughter. It has took this company until now to find me. However the cost of the notice is now £140.00 and states if i dont pay within 7 days they will start legal proceedings and i will have to bore the costs. I have since spoken to a friend who is a magistrate and have been told to pay it, as they have more legal rights than ever these days. I didnt pay it when it was £60 as i looked on this forum, wish i had paid it sooner!!!
    Anyway tried to pay it today by phone, it was engaged and when i did get through, states "there is no one to take your call right now please leave a message after the tone" what an absolute joke.
    If anyone out there has had any dealings with this so called 'car parking enforcement company' or has been in a similar situation recently and can help / advise before I cough-up I'd be most grateful. Many thanks J
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Your friend the magistrate said to pay it ? Honestly sometimes words fail me ! Listen this is an unenforceable invoice that won't ever go to one of your friends colleagues or him, the reason is that this company I believe never issued at in 2011 . In fact out of 1.8m fake tickets last year just 49 went before a judge, out of those 25 were won by the motorist. So youdo the maths
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I sincerely hope I never have to come up in front of your friend, it'd be the noose for me and that would teach me to do 31mph.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • jblonde
    Options
    Really appreciate your advice & having read all the responses below, think i will take my chances and follow your advice and NOT PAY IT !!
    Will keep you posted with my progress.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,322 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 March 2014 at 12:34AM
    Options
    This is an old old old thread.

If you are reading this after 2013 you are utterly wasting your time.

Please go to the current forum and learn about the current advice - see my signature which tells you where to click to find CURRENT advice!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • RENEGADE_2
    Options
    All I can say, it's as well magistrates don't preside over civil cases!!!!!!
  • Billtheboy
    Options
    CMS LTD are at it again....

Just this morning I have been issues a parking ticket for parking in a disabled bay without displaying my badges...I was in a hurry and they had fallen into the drivers footwell of my car - they must have been watching me as I was only in ARGOS for 10mins I was walking with my stick and my tax disc on the car says disabled on it.......I have read this thread and as I understand it the advise is to not pay.

I am going into hospital in a week for spinal surgery and I hoestly dont want this hanging around......I have in a knee jerk reaction appealed using the details on the back of the ticket, I have sent a copy of my badges front and rear and I am now thinking I shouldn't have as I have effectively confirmed it was me - will this support their case against me? after reading this thread I am feeling violated ......I have been done for parking on yellow lines in the past But that was a fair cop and I paid it my own stupidity BUT robin park retail center has 2000 plus spaces and at 9.15am there were just a few cars there and I was parking legally but my badges were not on show......

I assume this is still the stance on this - Do Not Pay....

Thanks -

Bill
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just ignore. As for parking "legally" or not, don't forget this is a private car park so no laws have been broken.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Billtheboy
    Options
    Thanks for fast reply!

I will update this thread - if my appeal is upheld:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business