Orlando & Florida - Questions & Answers (Part 1) *CLOSED*

Options

Comments

• We're travelling to Orlando in May 05. We're flying from Manchester with Direct Holidays at a very reasonable rate but just happened to get in when they had a £100 reduction offer. Still worth comparing with others.

We found best4attractions.com were best for park tickets. 4 day flexi with free meal is £90. Swim with dolphins in high season is £139. If you go for this combination select Busch Gardens with Discovery Cove ( dolphins ) because Sea World in in with flexi ticket. You have to book dolphin trip in advance so don't leave it til last minute. The 14 day ultimate ticket (£ 159)looks better value than Hopper tickets .Tickets with unused days are always available on E bay but are in demand.

Car rental companies that are competetive are yescarhire.com and floridacarhire.com. I was quoted £ 256 inc extra drivers and free tank of fuel for a 4 door compact. This for 2 weeks in May.

Hope your holiday in Florida is hurricane free.
  • Finishrich
    Finishrich Posts: 1,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Having searched ALL the websites myself for WDW tickets the cheapest I have come up with for the new Ultimate 14 day WDW ticket is £159 from
    Attraction-Tickets-Direct although I could have sworn I found them for £154confused.gif

Perhaps you know better?

http://www.orlando-ticket-deals.co.uk/ have the 14 day ticket for £154. :D For 3-9 year olds it's £134
  • nikkikl
    nikkikl Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys

We are going to Florida in March and after seriously extensive research we found the cheapest tickets by far were with http://www.ticketmania.com/ and although based in the US we haven't had any problems at all with them, very efficient and fast. However, we did do an plan of where we were going to go every day and bought tickets to suit so we don't have any wasted days therefore aren't wasting any money buying days we won't use. I think planning is the key.

Only 9 weeks to go but OMG, am I dreading the flight!!!!
    I'm only smiling coz I don't know what's going on
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    we are off to florida this wek and I can't wait!!!

We are flying with ba to Orlando staying in a villa in Kissimmee for one week. We have hired a big car (there are 6 of us). We plan to do Magic Kingdom, Seaworld and Animal kingdom theme parks only. We plan to use the pool daily and shop til we drop at the outlets and florida mall.

We will be spending our second week chilling out on the Gulf coast, aplace called Englewood again we have a lovely villa there and will fly home with Ba from tampa. This week will be spent with nature, dolphin watching on the beaches, going to a national park to see alligators, armadillos and great wildlife eg bald eagles! collecting sharks teeth at sunset and visiting Mote marina and aquarium for a day.

Needless to say we have been before so know mostly what we want to do.

If anyone has anything they would like me to ry and check out can't make any guarentees with kids, hubby parents etc all there but will try and find out what people want to know.

PM me or post a message here and I will do my best!!!

thanks for tips on the previous threads which I have used and printed off lots of good tips from the sites mentioned thank you everyone.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Just found this interesting thread on the Diz Boards

I have found the UK planning board particularly helpful to read.
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    many thanks edinburghlass more info for me to print off and put in my holiday file

thanks!
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    furrypig wrote:
    many thanks edinburghlass more info for me to print off and put in my holiday file

thanks!

I have a similar Florida file with print outs :D

Not long now, enjoy your holiday and I look forward to reading and printing out your tips :)
  • Millie_2
    Options
    "I wanna wake up tinkerbell" :):):):D
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I hope there's still something like this going in a few years. We've decided to do Florida when the boys are older, so we're aiming for 2008. It'll take us that long to save up. We're also aiming for 3 weeks, as long as I'm not working by then (unless I can work in a school too)
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    One tip I have picked up when i have been out there, is pick up all the coupon books that you find in restaurants and supermarkets etc....

They have all the food vouchers for money off meals and 10% ones off loads of shops. We had stacks of them to bin at the end of our holiday
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure