Orlando & Florida - Questions & Answers (Part 1) *CLOSED*

Options
1200201202203204206»

Comments

• pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone flown with Mytravel(Airtours) to Sanford - are they OK ?

we flew with mytravel gatwick-sanford in september 05 and i was very impressed. seat back tvs, good range of films, decent grub, cabin crew were a good laugh and the seats were surprisingly comfy for cattle class - and ive got quite long legs!

only complaints was that you had to buy their headphones to watch the movies, and that you had to buy your inflight drinks, which were by no means cheap. dont know if the situation is still the same with the headphones (i kept ours anyway, just in case :D), but i would recommend you buy some bottles of drinks to take on with you once you'ved cleared security.

but on the whole i was very impressed, and would book and fly with them again with confidence in the future.
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • denny250
    denny250 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    nmoon83 wrote: »
    just to help you guys out i have flown with travel city direct and they promise the earth. We have never had good service with them and much prefer to fly with mytravel. I have been going to florida the last 5 years and flights always drop just before we fly so we always wait till last minute.

Thats interesting to hear
    how many times have you used tcd? or have you used them on every visit?

as i said its always good to get personal info i just dont take word of mouth too seriously unless someone has had personal experience like yourselves.

as i also said from the experience of my friends and colleagues and my own personal experience tcd have never let any of us down yet (note i say yet)

End of the day you do always get what you pay for
    we have booked a cheap Florida holiday although added several upgrades we couldn't have done it for anywhere near the same price with virgin (even without the upgrades)
    Received £4541 reclaimed from Natwest :j:T
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all, got back from our DIY break to Orlando and the Gulf Coast yesterday, had a great time, all went pretty smoothly, we used Purple Parking at Heathrow, GreenBee for the flight booking, Virgin and Delta for the actual flights, via New York, Alamo for the car booked through uscarhire.co.uk, villa in Orlando with Broadway travel and the Gulf one through DJW rentals from the holiday-rental.co.uk website.

Everything in the US, apart from milk and butter, seems to be so much cheaper than here, most prices about the same but in dollars, so at 2 for 1 roughly half price. Petrol $2:50-$2:70 a US gallon, jeans around $20-30 a pair and a fast food meal around $5 with unlimited drink re-fills

If you want any more info, either on prices or the suppliers I used, post here or pm me.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hi pompeyrich - glad to hear you had a good time in Orlando!

Would you be interested in doing a Travel Guide to tell moneysaving peeps about your experience?

Check out the Travel Guides Thread for information and to view the NY Guide by markymoo. It'd be much appreciated, if you have time of course.

If anyone else would be interested in doing a guide, simply post on the thread and I'll PM you with further info.

Crabman :D
  • mustbemoreorganised
    Options
    just been on www.mytravel.com searching the late deals and spotted Man - Orlando on 7th September for £175 each, it is for 7 nights but 14 is only £220. It's a fly drive, car included but not sure what they will sting you for in local taxes when you pick it up, still a good price though.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hello peeps :)

I've closed this thread due to its size - the last 3 months posts have been copied to the new thread to ensure continuity:

Crabman :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport