Orlando & Florida - Questions & Answers (Part 1) *CLOSED*

Options

Comments

• jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Strangled wrote: »
    All I've ever done was put a magazine or one of the childrens teddys in the back window of the car, and remember who's car park area we were in :rotfl:

I packed a bright yellow plastic ball which we stuck on the car ariel when we left it. It worked really well!
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • atro1
    atro1 Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    Options
    Another fan of the Nationwide credit card, always spend less than i thought.
    As to car parks, just push the panic button. and hope you are in the correct car park. When you get on the trolley tell all your passengers which car park you are in ie. goofy 5! and hopefully one will remember it. If not call security in Disney and they will drive you around the car parks, they are used to it.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • Wheelie_2
    Options
    Hi

Can anyone tell me if they have used any of the following car hire companies for Orlando: holidayautos, carhire3000, carhireforless or easycar.com, and more importantly if they could recommend them? Or indeed if you could recommend anyone else. It's for a family of 4 with plenty of luggage, at least there will be on the way back!

I was just going to go with yescarhire as i used them last year but all of the above have come up cheaper when I search on Travel Supermarket. I want to make sure I have no further costs when I get there as I have been stung before.

Thanks
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    atro1 wrote: »
    As to car parks, just push the panic button. and hope you are in the correct car park. When you get on the trolley tell all your passengers which car park you are in ie. goofy 5! and hopefully one will remember it. If not call security in Disney and they will drive you around the car parks, they are used to it.
    Or take a photo of the location and delete it when you get back to the car. Wandering around carparks bigger than the whole Thorpe Park site in the heat isnt that much fun when all you want is a cold beer.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • Backbiter
    Backbiter Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wheelie wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone tell me if they have used any of the following car hire companies for Orlando: holidayautos, carhire3000, carhireforless or easycar.com, and more importantly if they could recommend them? Or indeed if you could recommend anyone else. It's for a family of 4 with plenty of luggage, at least there will be on the way back!

I was just going to go with yescarhire as i used them last year but all of the above have come up cheaper when I search on Travel Supermarket. I want to make sure I have no further costs when I get there as I have been stung before.

Thanks

I used Car3000 in December when I flew to Seattle. Got a great deal with them on an Alamo MPV - all inclusive, no hidden charges. Very happy with them.
    Have always used Airline Network for Orlando and been very happy with them (they didn't cover Seattle, which is why I used Car3000).
  • Amys
    Amys Posts: 919 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    In case it is intrwst to anyone who wants a good tour guide ti Disney you can get the passporter for $1 plus postage from
    http://www.passporterstore.com/store/onebuckpassporter.aspx
    its a good tour guide book, it is the 2006 edition, so some ifomraion is a little out of date (new rides opened et), but most is still good.
  • atro1
    atro1 Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    Options
    Amys wrote: »
    In case it is intrwst to anyone who wants a good tour guide ti Disney you can get the passporter for $1 plus postage from
    http://www.passporterstore.com/store/onebuckpassporter.aspx
    its a good tour guide book, it is the 2006 edition, so some ifomraion is a little out of date (new rides opened et), but most is still good.

Brought two of these in 2005.Excellent! But those days you could use the Media postage now I see they have closed that link and its now $27-50 postage.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I packed a bright yellow plastic ball which we stuck on the car ariel when we left it. It worked really well!

We do something similar Jackie, we take a cheapo car flag and stick it on whenever we park up. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

While on the subject of cars, we also take a small cheap car squeegee as the windows are always damp first thing in the morning if you go Autumn/Winter.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • Bokkens
    Bokkens Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    The Aquatica 5 park multi tickets have been released.(14 day ticket multi entry)
    £120 per person from CO-OP travel .
    Aquatica,
    wet and wild
    islands of Adventure
    Sea world
    Universal.
    Previously known as Bokken,registered at MSE in Nov 04,computer glich deleted my access but it is fun building up my stars from scratch,again.:D
  • Wheelie_2
    Wheelie_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Backbiter wrote: »
    I used Car3000 in December when I flew to Seattle. Got a great deal with them on an Alamo MPV - all inclusive, no hidden charges. Very happy with them.
    Have always used Airline Network for Orlando and been very happy with them (they didn't cover Seattle, which is why I used Car3000).

Thanks, I have just booked with Carhire3000 as they had a deal on for a free upgrade to an SUV from a full sized car.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure