Orlando & Florida - Questions & Answers (Part 1) *CLOSED*

Options

Comments

• edna_clouds
    Options
    moob wrote: »
    I would reckon that time is very busy, given (I assume) the schools are out and the parks are therefore full of kids and long queues as a result.

Is your price just for flights? And where are you flying from?

That price is just for flights. I would like to fly from either Cardiff/Birmingham or Manchester but could be flexible on this. The 12th July is two weeks before the most of the kids in the Wales/England break up for ther hols.. I think..
    sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue!

• moob_2
    moob_2 Posts: 485 Forumite
    Options
    That price is just for flights. I would like to fly from either Cardiff/Birmingham or Manchester but could be flexible on this. The 12th July is two weeks before the most of the kids in the Wales/England break up for ther hols.. I think..

Same price I'm getting.

I'd suggest you wait 'til nearer the time, as a lot of operators have not yet released prices for that time.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't know if anyone is interested, but Virgin Atlantic are offering economy flights on 3rd October to Orlando for £491, and premium economy for £591.

We are flying a few days later, and our PE flights cost £1100 each, so this is a massive saving
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • KarenG
    KarenG Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Options
    The 12th July is two weeks before the most of the kids in the Wales/England break up for ther hols.. I think..

Yes, that sounds right.

The thing to bear in mind too, is whether the USA schools will be on holiday then (which the vast majority will be) as they have far more of an impact on crowd levels than we do ;)

July is very very hot and humid as well as busy; unless you are tied to those dates (I'm tied to school holidays myself, unfortunately!) I would go earlier in the year (May's nice) or later (October's lovely).

HTH

Karen
  • KarenG
    KarenG Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Options
    Don't know if anyone is interested, but Virgin Atlantic are offering economy flights on 3rd October to Orlando for £491, and premium economy for £591.

We are flying a few days later, and our PE flights cost £1100 each, so this is a massive saving

That's a great price for PE compared to Economy! Thanks :beer:
  • Shazza1976
    Options
    I have deceided to brave the 10 hour flight to florida to make the kiddies happy :j I would love to go for new year...is it warm ??

Just wondering if anybody knows of any good deals around for 2 adults & 2 Kids ??

The Do's & Dont's ...

When is the hurricaine season?

Money saving tips???
    And i would love to stay at animal kingdom :j
  • moob_2
    moob_2 Posts: 485 Forumite
    Options
    Shazza1976 wrote: »
    I have deceided to brave the 10 hour flight to florida to make the kiddies happy :j I would love to go for new year...is it warm ??

Just wondering if anybody knows of any good deals around for 2 adults & 2 Kids ??

The Do's & Dont's ...

When is the hurricaine season?

Money saving tips???
    And i would love to stay at animal kingdom :j

Need some info about your preferred departure point, and if you've searched for flights yet?

New Year is beyond hurricane season, so you're ok there.

Money saving tips - quite a few on this thread, requires a bit of reading. Ditto for do's and dont's.

Florida is always warm, never dips below 70.
  • vix2000
    vix2000 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    has anyone got any advice on buying a pay as you go sim to use whilst in orlando please?
  • denny250
    denny250 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    moob wrote: »
    They are not mentioned much because they are dung.

They have had a host of problems, particularly recently, with flight delays and cancellations, primarily due to them having a small fleet of planes.

They also ensure that you must buy either car hire or rent a villa with them, at extortionate costs by comparison to the aforementioned methods.

I'd stay well clear.

you must have had a bad experience then because every dealing i and my friends have had with travel city have been exellant
    Received £4541 reclaimed from Natwest :j:T
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    vix2000 wrote: »
    has anyone got any advice on buying a pay as you go sim to use whilst in orlando please?

You'll find you need to buy the phone in US to go with the sim card, Walmart sell one for around $15.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure