IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice on a Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Options

Comments

• THEORCHS
    Options
    Hi everyone - I got a jolly letter today in the post from Parking Eye saying I had over stayed my welcome at a shopping retail park car park.
    To be honest , yes I was over the 2 free hours as displayed , just over 3 infact. There are signs around the car park giving all the info but when you've got kids clothes and shoes to buy along with maccy d 4 lunch the time just disappears.
    The car entry and exit times are correct on the letter , along with
    photos of the car at both times.
    After reading the other forum posts and replies regarding these cowboys what shold I do ????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    Options
    THEORCHS wrote: »
    Hi everyone - I got a jolly letter today in the post from Parking Eye saying I had over stayed my welcome at a shopping retail park car park.
    To be honest , yes I was over the 2 free hours as displayed , just over 3 infact. There are signs around the car park giving all the info but when you've got kids clothes and shoes to buy along with maccy d 4 lunch the time just disappears.
    After reading the other forum posts and replies regarding these cowboys what shold I do ????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just get on with your life , ignore these idiots.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Ignore Parking Eye and ignore the retail park which doesn't want customers.

If you pay they will come back asking for more
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    THEORCHS wrote: »

I wonder what you should do. Is it really so unclear? :p

You say you have read the 'other forum posts'...have you read the sticky info threads at the top, seen the letter-chains, watched the Watchdog clip linked in 'welcome, please read before posting'? Start at the top with Crabman's sticky threads, they are not there for fun:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

If so how on earth can you not know it's all a scam and to just ignore it?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • lovelyjubly
    Options
    Hi, just received my final notice from parking eye, they say they will instruct a debt collection agency and then court proceedings through their solicitors! What to do?:mad:
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    Carry on ignoring. You and 50 other people had the same letter today. It's a templated chain mail scam.
  • lovelyjubly
    Options
    Have you had one of these, I am worried!
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    Oh yeah. Most of us on the forum have.
  • lovelyjubly
    Options
    Thanks, I feel a bit better now, lol
  • bigsteve
    Options
    Hello all,

Well, we too have received a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye. All very official looking it is too with a chequered border and two nice photos of what appears to be our car entering and leaving a Car Park.

The Parking Charge Amount is £70.00 for an overstay of 16 minutes at our local ALDI, discounted to £40.00 if payment is made within 13 days of the issue date.

Initially I thought I was going to have to bite the bullet and cough up £40 to save me £30. However, enboldened by what I have read here I am now of the opinion that they can whistle for it.

I am prepared to receive several more letters if need be, but I will not be paying them a penny. I hope to keep you informed of my progress.

Steve
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport