IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice on a Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Options

Comments

• mattih
    Options
    Reading these comments has made me think whats best to do now, as i thought i would of had a geniune appeal. The parking ticket i purchased was up to 12:51. The PARKING CHARGE states i departed the car park at 12:51 and 26 seconds. I remember i drove all the way round the car park by mistake before i went through the exit, which means i would have left my car park space before 12:51.
    What i have read on this forums says never appeal as this gives the identity of the driver.

What i might do is ignore all letters and if it ever got as far as the courts , then prepare my case with the parking ticket.
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mattih wrote: »
    Reading these comments has made me think whats best to do now, as i thought i would of had a geniune appeal. The parking ticket i purchased was up to 12:51. The PARKING CHARGE states i departed the car park at 12:51 and 26 seconds. I remember i drove all the way round the car park by mistake before i went through the exit, which means i would have left my car park space before 12:51.
    What i have read on this forums says never appeal as this gives the identity of the driver.

What i might do is ignore all letters and if it ever got as far as the courts , then prepare my case with the parking ticket.

They actually sent you a invoice for overstaying by "26 seconds"?

I would love to see them take that to court. what a lowlife crew they are. I will save you the price of a stamp. Unfortunately your appeal is unsuccessful!;)
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was in Aldi earlier today, Parking Eyes cameras and signs have gone, and been replaced by Aldi's own. Simply saying parking limited to 1 1/2 hours for Aldi customers only. Then underneath "Penalties are in Force".

Thats it no terms nowt. No other signs anywhere.

I just hope its a sign that these companies are not being paid so are pulling out! However it would be interesting to see how Aldi penalise you??
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    Options
    muckybutt wrote: »
    no matter how hard I try I cant get any tickets recently, even hiding number plate when exiting parking eyes car parks - ukpao - and highview cant get one for love na money :(

I park right next the the UKPOA Muppet every other day, even on first name terms with "Andy" , he just ignores me now having had around 9 of his silly fake parking tickets and dozens of silly letters, its free security, he is there all day, I even knocked on his window asked him if I could have one of his tickets as I had broken his rules by visiting elsewhere , he just ignored me, come on Andy I pleaded, just one more .
    :rotfl:
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Stryder
    Stryder Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    Options
    Quickie

Got a "PCN" (Parking eye Notice, not penalty) for 3.75 hours stay in a 3 hour stay car park;
    Do I ignore, or do I send a templated letter telling them I am not paying?
    Under the template, I can show its dubious (there is a Macdonalds ion the car park and I was in the drive thru for X minutes, which is not parking surely), I can not afford to pay, and the charge of £80 disproportionate to the £3 daily charge close by in other car parks. I would like to send the letter but not sure if I should.
    ............... Have you ever wondered what
    ¦OO¬¬ O[]¦ Martin would look like
    ¦ _______ ¦ In a washing machine
    ¦ ((:money:)) ¦
    ¦
    ¦
    ¦''''''''''''""""""¦
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Stryder wrote: »
    Quickie

Got a "PCN" (Parking eye Notice, not penalty) for 3.75 hours stay in a 3 hour stay car park;
    Do I ignore, or do I send a templated letter telling them I am not paying?
    Under the template, I can show its dubious (there is a Macdonalds ion the car park and I was in the drive thru for X minutes, which is not parking surely), I can not afford to pay, and the charge of £80 disproportionate to the £3 daily charge close by in other car parks. I would like to send the letter but not sure if I should.

Don't send that letter, it's a waste of time. The best plan is to ignore them. It's as simple as that.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Stryder
    Options
    The cases that have gone to court, I hear a couple exceptional ones have, does anyone know why they were sucessful? Concerned about a CCJ ... if it gets to court I assume if you lose you are damned immediately and can not get out of it?
    ¦
    ¦
    ¦''''''''''''""""""¦
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    There is probably a 0.0000001% chance of it going to court. Even then, in the very unlikely event that you lose, you would have to refuse to pay whatever the judge orders before you get a CCJ. Please stop taking this bunch of clowns seriously. They are not worth it. Please stop worrying.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Stryder
    Options
    OK .. will try. but I am fining you £235 if you are wrong, although I will let you pay a discounted £160 if you pay me in the first 2 weeks of being proven wrong.
    ¦
    ¦
    ¦''''''''''''""""""¦
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's more like it.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure