IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice on a Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Options

Comments

• Nannygoat
    Options
    :mad:I arrived home today to find a PCN for overstaying at Asda by 25 minutes last week despite taking 2 other people on their weekly shopping trip to the store. I rang the store manager to complain and he informed me it was a 2 hour max stay that had been introduced and signs were visible around the car park ( I have never noticed them in over 10 years of shopping there). I have no intention of paying this fine but am not sure wether to write and let Town & City Parking know this or just ignore the PCN completly. I would also be grateful if anyone knows who the CEO at Asda is to write a stern letter of complaint to. The store manager was not very helpful in supplying this information.
  • funkycoldribena
    Options
    Do not write to the PPC!!!!
    Went shoplifting at the Disneystore today.

Got a huge Buzz out of it.
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    Shops should be more concerned about empty car parks than selling their customer goodwill to scammers. Give it to Asda both barrels.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • RENEGADE_2
    RENEGADE_2 Posts: 948 Forumite
    Options
    Nannygoat wrote: »
    :mad:I arrived home today to find a PCN for overstaying at Asda by 25 minutes last week despite taking 2 other people on their weekly shopping trip to the store. I rang the store manager to complain and he informed me it was a 2 hour max stay that had been introduced and signs were visible around the car park ( I have never noticed them in over 10 years of shopping there). I have no intention of paying this fine but am not sure wether to write and let Town & City Parking know this or just ignore the PCN completly. I would also be grateful if anyone knows who the CEO at Asda is to write a stern letter of complaint to. The store manager was not very helpful in supplying this information.

Sounds like this may be your first PCN from a private company. If so, you're in the right place. Thanks to your description, you've lowered my opinion of ASDA one more notch (don't think they can go much further down!). I mean, the manager told you that there were signs everywhere did he? I know a good few ASDAs but do their signs tell you how soon the vehicle may return after the time lapses? Many don't.

Even if they do, who cares? Legally, Town & City can only seek lost revenue which is positively attributed to your actions. So, if the hourly rate for parking is £0 then overstaying will also cost you £0. That is Contract Law - that is the legislation that governs this scenario. This is also why T&C will NEVER take you to court. So sleep tight, and don't waste your time communicating with either rats. They are genetically prewired to decline any appeals and to be insensitive in the process. Just write to the ASDA manager telling him he's a wаnkеr for entering a union with T&C, that the whole caper is illegal AND immoral, and that thanks to this experience, you will no longer spend another penny at ASDA just as you can send the same document demanding payment in the same letter but marked SCAM.

Personally I would wait. Let the time pass, give T&C chance to chase you by wasting money on requesting keeper details, then send ASDA packing.
  • schmeil1
    schmeil1 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just got back from a (very nice) holiday in Wales to find a PCN from Parking Eye in the post :(

Just jumped on the internet to pay my 'discounted' charge of £50 when I took a closer look at the letter and thought 'Hang on a minute...'

Quick google and I found myself here :D

Thanks for all the advice on this thread :T

Let the 'ignoring of this and any further letters' begin ;)

Bring it on Parking Eye :rotfl:
  • funkycoldribena
    Options
    schmeil1 wrote: »
    Just got back from a (very nice) holiday in Wales to find a PCN from Parking Eye in the post :(

Just jumped on the internet to pay my 'discounted' charge of £50 when I took a closer look at the letter and thought 'Hang on a minute...'

Quick google and I found myself here :D

Thanks for all the advice on this thread :T

Let the 'ignoring of this and any further letters' begin ;)

Bring it on Parking Eye :rotfl:

Easy,isnt it!!
    Went shoplifting at the Disneystore today.

Got a huge Buzz out of it.
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    I am sure you can put the money to much better use than paying this shower. Expect all sorts of nasty letters threatening everything but meaning nothing
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • Stryder
    Stryder Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    Options
    I wrote to them asking them to identify the driver and they replied saying my appeal had failed...

What appeal? how can I appeal when I do not know who the driver is; Will phone them tomorrow and ask to speak to John Michell or Managing Director ... chuffed that I was given their office numbers so no hiding behind 0844 numbers... plus i love it when they try to ...

Parking Spys of all people should realise there are spies everywhere... :D

I love calling Managing Directors, they get so cross after a while ...

I hope not too many people find out their number, freely available if you know where to look, as there phone lines will get jammed and phew, all that expense in chaniging letter headed paper when your change your phone number.
    ............... Have you ever wondered what
    ¦OO¬¬ O[]¦ Martin would look like
    ¦ _______ ¦ In a washing machine
    ¦ ((:money:)) ¦
    ¦
    ¦
    ¦''''''''''''""""""¦
  • morfio
    morfio Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys and girls

Little questions what happens if you have replied but had your appeal turned down? What's a girl to do? :(

(parked at fistral bay at quarter to nine at night - so dark and unlit (couldnt see any signs) wasnt even aware it was a ticketed car park - naively thought it was just parking!)

Also did you know that they are now including the british parking association logo on their letters! I thought the BPA werent fans of people like parking eye? (after now researching the slimy gits) :/

Any advice greatly received.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    morfio wrote: »
    Hi guys and girls

Little questions what happens if you have replied but had your appeal turned down? What's a girl to do? :(

(parked at fistral bay at quarter to nine at night - so dark and unlit (couldnt see any signs) wasnt even aware it was a ticketed car park - naively thought it was just parking!)

Also did you know that they are now including the british parking association logo on their letters! I thought the BPA werent fans of people like parking eye? (after now researching the slimy gits) :/

Any advice greatly received.

Just keep ignoring.

Just remember that the BPA is not some sort of official regulator. They are a trade association for the parking "industry", with leading lights from the various private parking companies on their board.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure