IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice on a Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,814 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good on you, bigsteve.

Have you seen the letter-chains in pictures in the top sticky thread, and the Watchdog clip linked on 'welcome, please read before posting'? THey are all you need to know really and the Watchdog clip may be useful to show any doubting family members who still might think it's a real fine. :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • TrickyWicky
    TrickyWicky Posts: 4,025 Forumite
    Options
    If you're hard up thats one way of earning paper to wipe your rear end on ;)
  • Starman*_2
    Options
    Hi guys,
    Newbie here, same old story, got 1st Parking Charge yesterday from "Poking Eye"

I waited in the car for 30 mins, picking wife up after work (she was running late) and then drove off. Its right next to her work so convienient as there is no parking in the city center etc.
    Naughty i know.

Then i got this fine through...........

Here is the kick in the pants.

its from 2 weeks ago, and i have since done the same last week when i picked her up.

So i am expecting a 2nd parking charge from the same "team" from parking eye.

oh poop.

I'm basically looking for reassurance.

Should i ignore them both etc? At £60.00 if paid now or £90.00 if i ignore x2 i guess, i simply cant afford this kind of money.

Only defence is i waited in car both times ready to move if i was in the way etc.

thanks guys and gals
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Simple answer - just ignore them. And BTW , it's not a "fine".
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Starman*_2
    Options
    one thing i forgot to mention, what about the grainy(ish) photo of a figure behind the steering wheel.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Doesn't matter. Don't forget they can only claim for the actual material losses suffered. In your case it's zero. Don't forget that this bunch of clowns are not the police or the council. They are private citizens with no more right than you or me to demand money off people.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Starman* wrote: »
    one thing i forgot to mention, what about the grainy(ish) photo of a figure behind the steering wheel.

What, just like the grainy figure behind the steering wheel on the fake PCN clutched in the hand of Tim Cary, the Watchdog solicitor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

If you respond or pay then you'd be a complete mug - I can't say it much clearer than that, and Tim Cary was pretty clear himself! So don't fall for this scam at all, do as we do and just collect the letters. Play a fun game of 'PPC snap', ticking each threatogram off against the top thread pictures of letters.
  • bigsteve
    Options
    Hello, received 2nd letter from PE...
    Still offering me a discount
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    bigsteve wrote: »
    Hello, received 2nd letter from PE...
    Still offering me a discount

Bargain (not!). :D
  • bigsteve
    bigsteve Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

1st letter was entitled "Parking Charge Notice"
    2nd letter was entitled "Parking Charge Notice To Owner"
    3rd letter was entitled "FINAL NOTICE"... but no longer £40 but £70 until 09/12/2011 . From 10/12/2011 £70 (plus additional charges)

I'm still ignoring these. Will keep you posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure