IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice on a Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Eunos1
    Eunos1 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Ok thanks, has anyone got any experience of actually being taken to court by them? That's obviously my biggest worry bit them by the sounds of it (and I completely agree) I will win my case at a civil court!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    There are a few recent PE small claims initially applied for (regarding some randomly-chosen, ignored, 2011/12 fake PCNs) which pepipoo have helped submit a defence for - and they've all gone quiet. Would be very surprised if those cases go to a hearing, what with the robust defence submitted, when PE are surely more likely to be looking for weak defence victims and people who may either pay up, or stupidly ignore the Court papers (which hands PE a default win).

The only person PE took to Court that I know of, was a poster known as Smithy, who 'should' have paid and displayed and didn't. It was a one-off strange one; PE kind of 'won the battle but not the war' and shelled out a LOT of money over it!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3648411

Smith was ordered to pay the £15 he 'owed' in damages for 'breach' (the original tangible amount he should have paid!) and a nominal £95 costs...that's all. Look how much PE shelled out! :rotfl:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Definitely complain to POPLA & London Councils who are responsible for POPLA.

It appears that your appeal in #123 has either not been read because it is so badly formatted as one enormous unreadable block of text or that it has not been passed to the Assessor. I am hoping that it is the latter because if they had your full appeal no matter how unreadable it would be disgraceful if they ignored it.

If you had made the points succinctly in a properly formatted appeal you should have had your appeal upheld. e.g.

1) The amount of the charge is disproportionate to the loss incurred by Parking Eye so I require Private Eye to demonstrate that this charge is a legitimate pre-estimate of loss.

2) Parking Eye claim to have authority to issue parking charge notices in this car park so I require them to produce the contract that gives them that authority.

3) The car park was gridlocked so impossible to exit within the normal grace period etc...

BTW There was no need to mention going off to MacDonalds for a meal & this is apparently what sunk your case.
  • nigelbb
    Options
    This details how to complain about POPLA http://www.popla.org.uk/Complaints.htm

However it does not provide an email address or anywhere to send your complaints so you will need to contact them to find out where you send complaints http://www.popla.org.uk/contactus.htm

Your complaint should be that the second lot of evidence that was sent & acknowledged has not been considered possibly because of an administrative oversight.
  • nigelbb
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    It appears that your appeal in #123 has either not been read because it is so badly formatted as one enormous unreadable block of text or that it has not been passed to the Assessor. I am hoping that it is the latter because if they had your full appeal no matter how unreadable it would be disgraceful if they ignored it.
    Now I have reviewed this a bit more I am sure that your follow-up to POPLA with all the good arguments hasn't been considered. The last three POPLA decisions documented in the sticky are all authored by Shona Watson. The first appeal was upheld because the PPC didn't show that the charge was not disproportionate. The second appeal was upheld because the PPC didn't produce the contract to offer parking services. The third appeal that is yours raised both these points is refused but these points are not mentioned in the decision.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    Now I have reviewed this a bit more I am sure that your follow-up to POPLA with all the good arguments hasn't been considered. The last three POPLA decisions documented in the sticky are all authored by Shona Watson. The first appeal was upheld because the PPC didn't show that the charge was not disproportionate. The second appeal was upheld because the PPC didn't produce the contract to offer parking services. The third appeal that is yours raised both these points is refused but these points are not mentioned in the decision.

Exactly my feelings. Eunos1 needs to complain especially as the second email was acknowledged and was in early March (so hardly 'last minute' or anything).
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Eunos1 what happened when you put in a complaint to POPLA?

What happened about your supposed 'County Court papers' you've now posted about?

My you are unlucky... :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure